Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All.
I have a 2010 Mazda CX9 that is ready to die. I am looking to downsize and we have an awesome 2012 Honda Odyssey and love it. I am trying to weight new vs used and I really don't want to spend a ton of money this time around and I see that some 2014 CR-V's EX-L are coming off lease with low miles (under 20K) for a price in the low 20's. I put a lot of miles on per year and usually just drive it into the ground.

So basically I am just wondering thoughts on the 2014 vs the 2015 with the CVT tranny (and the known vibration issues). The 2014 seemed to have mediocre reviews in terms of gas milage and such and I am wondering if I should consider going to the 2015 model (Which is also coming off lease). Just worried about the vibration issues.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for any input and have a great day!
Dave

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Our '15 now at 28,654 miles has no issues or vibrations since when bought brand new. MPG averages 30-36 depending on the driving mix. It is a comfortable vehicle. Engine has plenty of pep and coupled with the CVT tranny it performs excellently. Handling in all conditions is good. Road noise is mild. Lots of room in the cargo area. Easy to enter and exit. Parking is good. You won't go wrong with a '15. Best of luck, Jimbob.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Having a 16 EX-L, I would choose the 15 every time over the 14. Any vibration issues that a 15 might have would be obvious on a test drive (the vast majority has none at all).

·
Super Moderator
3,190 Posts
I have 19 on my 16.

Fully expect to buy another CRV in around 9 months. That will be used. I'll see how the dollars and cents are then. It will be for my son who'll be graduating college next year.
My other son will get the 05 Pilot which I just changed the oil on. Needs new rear brakes and some sway bar links. Not bad for 235k.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
My 2016 EX-L turned 30,000 miles yesterday. I can't imagine going back to the older CRV without DI and the CVT. I reset the trip 2 to zero when I got the car and my overall average (lot of trips) since I bought the car is currently 30.2. Any vibration issues with a 15 will have been resolved but several friends have 15s and none have had any vibration issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts