Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle has nearly 20,000 miles. Offered by dealer, but not a Honda dealer for $25,500. Here the history I have and have little hope of finding more. That seems like a big gap in the service records to me. Over 19,000 miles. And Repossessed. So what do you on the forum think? Run away or what? Appreciate help.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
816 Posts
Vehicle has nearly 20,000 miles. Offered by dealer, but not a Honda dealer for $25,500. Here the history I have and have little hope of finding more. That seems like a big gap in the service records to me. Over 19,000 miles. And Repossessed. So what do you on the forum think? Run away or what? Appreciate help.
View attachment 137812
you can buy a brand new fully warranteed 2020 ex awd with 0 miles for 29k otd with tax included.

25k for a used one, 20k and a sketchy history seems nuts

that being said mine has 19,500 miles and i’ll sell you it for $24,998 lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem is budget. I need to stay within 10 thousand difference. 25,000 is at the limit.
Am I asking for problems with this vehicle?
What should/could I do to get the best deal?

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
816 Posts
Problem is budget. I need to stay within 10 thousand difference. 25,000 is at the limit.
Go look into certified preowned
You can get one way cheaper than 25k with similar mileage

(two random local examples below one with only 11k and an exL)

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Even if the vehicle has no history of issues, it's over priced. The seller is pricing it as though it was an EX-L, rather than an EX.

Shop around, you should be able to pick up a Certified Pre Owned 2018 EX for well less than $25K.

As for the vehicle history... you need to consult with a Honda dealer and ask for the maintenance history on the vehicle. If they have none.. walk away... because it either was not maintained, or it was owner maintained (which means you will never be able to find out how well it was maintained.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Appreciate your responses, everyone. I am done with this vehicle, and as soon as I wrote this I knew I had made the right decision.
Only problem is east and west coasts CR-V prices are a lot less than they here in the Great Plains. I can't come near the deals you have there. At least that's what I find on sites like CarGurus. But then, that's the penalty I pay for living out here.:confused:

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
816 Posts
Only problem is east and west coasts CR-V prices are a lot less than they here in the Great Plains. I can't come near the deals you have there. At least that's what I find on sites like CarGurus. But then, that's the penalty I pay for living out here.:confused:
you know you can buy a car anywhere right? Travel save money and drive it back

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
you know you can buy a car anywhere right? Travel save money and drive it back
Looking at that. Average trip to city with Honda dealer: One Way- Nearest 95 miles. Next closest, 130. Omaha, 3 and half hours; Denver is 5 hrs one way; KC the same. The "Great Empty" out here.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Looking at that. Average trip to city with Honda dealer: One Way- Nearest 95 miles. Next closest, 130. Omaha, 3 and half hours; Denver is 5 hrs one way; KC the same. The "Great Empty" out here.
Have you looked at Carvana?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Interesting site. Nearest pick up point 260 miles one way. Thanks for the suggestion though. Who knows? I am not having much luck the internet search method. Carvana doesn't seem to sell Honda Certified, of course.

·
2,796 Posts
If you want to look at repos, call around to local banks. If you get lucky you can find one you can pick up for a decent price. The bank should be willing to sell for what is owed them. But do the research. Don't go through a bank AND a dealer. Best way to get the best financed deal? Don't buy from a dealer. Get bank financing and buy from an individual. And never, ever buy from any of the big chains, like Carmax, etc. They are always way overpriced. Dealers are too. If financing is the issue, just buy an older used vehicle in good shape for a much lower price, from an individual. Pay cash if possible. I've paid cash for every vehicle and bought only from individuals since 1985. No payments or other charges. No markup. Learned how to shop smart and find good cars for good prices. I've saved a small fortune getting off that merry go round. My '07 CR-V is in as good condition as any used car out there, and will last for years. You won't get a better answer. The simple truth is that financing a new or used car is one of the poorest financial decisions you can make. It locks you into an unwise debt and is exorbitantly expensive. I know it's the American way, but it's not the best way.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
816 Posts
Cheap flight + cab + gas n food home > 3k markup

·
Registered
20 Posts
If you do buy from an individual, my suggestion is to have it checked out by a shop or mechanic you trust. Even if it has a state inspection, I would still do this. If the seller objects, I would walk away.

Check Youtube, it has several videos on why to take this extra step.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Interesting site. Nearest pick up point 260 miles one way. Thanks for the suggestion though. Who knows? I am not having much luck the internet search method. Carvana doesn't seem to sell Honda Certified, of course.
Since you don't want to travel, why not get a Rav4 from your local dealer. This looks to be in your price range and NEW: New 2019 Toyota RAV4| Hays, Dodge City & Garden City KS

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am going to stick with my current CR-V and do some detailing work on it. Thanks for all the ideas/advice.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts