Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Vehicle has nearly 20,000 miles. Offered by dealer, but not a Honda dealer for $25,500. Here the history I have and have little hope of finding more. That seems like a big gap in the service records to me. Over 19,000 miles. And Repossessed. So what do you on the forum think? Run away or what? Appreciate help.
View attachment 137812
Ask yourself, "Do I have to buy THIS car?" I always avoid buying any used car because I have no credible information on how it was driven, repaired and maintained. I always give my cars impeccable care and drive them gently. Spend a bit more on a new model.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Vehicle has nearly 20,000 miles. Offered by dealer, but not a Honda dealer for $25,500. Here the history I have and have little hope of finding more. That seems like a big gap in the service records to me. Over 19,000 miles. And Repossessed. So what do you on the forum think? Run away or what? Appreciate help.
View attachment 137812
Walk/Run - this is too sketchy. On a tight budget, your best bet is Certified Pre-Owned. I'll bet you can do almost as well. On a side note, I'd say less than 50% of friends who bought repo'ed cars were happy with them. If someone can't pay for a car & knows the repo guys are coming for it sooner or later, there's no way on Earth that they're going to give a damn about it. Some people actually think of cars as "disposable." Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
a bit late to the discussion, but maybe this will help. i just bought a Certified 2017 CR-V last month. EX-L AWD with Navigation, 16K miles. i paid $23.8K (before registration and tax). this is CA in case it's relevant. used Car Gurus, which rates the price as either Great, Good or Overpriced. when i went to test drive there were several people already at the dealership and very interested. try the above website - it was quite helpful.

·
Registered
20 Posts
View attachment 137812
Yeah, WAY overpriced but not surprised that it's another dealer looking to make a fat profit!
For comparison, I bought a 2015 CRV EX from a Honda dealer in mid 2016 with barely 3,000 on the clock, full history, pristine condition, and also a repo. I paid around 24k with all the taxes and fees. So, for a "sketchy" one at that price and little to no history, two words - caveat emptor! Good luck on your decision, you can do much better, Try looking on some of those online car sales like car.com and others. They will home you in to reputable dealers within your area and you can also see what a fair price is in terms of low, good, average, high etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, WAY overpriced but not surprised that it's another dealer looking to make a fat profit!
For comparison, I bought a 2015 CRV EX from a Honda dealer in mid 2016 with barely 3,000 on the clock, full history, pristine condition, and also a repo. I paid around 24k with all the taxes and fees. So, for a "sketchy" one at that price and little to no history, two words - caveat emptor! Good luck on your decision, you can do much better, Try looking on some of those online car sales like car.com and others. They will home you in to reputable dealers within your area and you can also see what a fair price is in terms of low, good, average, high etc.
Oh, year, CERTIFIED PRE_OWNED is the way to go for this type of vehicle and these type of prices....
:cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2 cents: I agree with checking out Cars.com. I found my 2016 CR-V EX on there, and recently found my wife's 2019 HR-V EX. Both cars were found at nearby Honda dealerships, and both are Certified Pre-Owned. You can set search filters on Cars.com. I purposely set it to just search for Certified Pre-Owned. I got great deals on both vehicles! Also, if anyone ever needs to finance an auto loan, search online for the best interest rates from Credit Unions in your area. Percentage rates are usually way less than banks or dealers. I got a local Credit Union rate at 2.24% for 60 months on my 2016. It had 12,096 miles on it, and had come off a 27 month Honda lease. All service records were in a free CarFax report from the Honda dealer. It's been a great vehicle so far! I love it! And these days, with some Credit Unions, you don't have to have any affiliation with them other than applying for the loan. Worth looking into.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you want to look at repos, call around to local banks. If you get lucky you can find one you can pick up for a decent price. The bank should be willing to sell for what is owed them. But do the research. Don't go through a bank AND a dealer. Best way to get the best financed deal? Don't buy from a dealer. Get bank financing and buy from an individual. And never, ever buy from any of the big chains, like Carmax, etc. They are always way overpriced. Dealers are too. If financing is the issue, just buy an older used vehicle in good shape for a much lower price, from an individual. Pay cash if possible. I've paid cash for every vehicle and bought only from individuals since 1985. No payments or other charges. No markup. Learned how to shop smart and find good cars for good prices. I've saved a small fortune getting off that merry go round. My '07 CR-V is in as good condition as any used car out there, and will last for years. You won't get a better answer. The simple truth is that financing a new or used car is one of the poorest financial decisions you can make. It locks you into an unwise debt and is exorbitantly expensive. I know it's the American way, but it's not the best way.
I’ll sell you my 2017 Honda CRV EX-L with the grey leather interior, Nav., sunroof, ect. It has 56,000 mi on it 75% highway miles because of where I live, And where I work. I Only thing is,I live in Texas. I want a Toyota Tacoma 4 x 4 TRD package. I always did but got Talked into buying a Honda seven months ago. I’m not real happy with it. I would love someone to just take over the damn payments.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Looking at that. Average trip to city with Honda dealer: One Way- Nearest 95 miles. Next closest, 130. Omaha, 3 and half hours; Denver is 5 hrs one way; KC the same. The "Great Empty" out here.
Buy an EV! Trip to the dealer for maintenance rarely occur. Get a used Volt. No range anxiety!

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 137812
Advice:
Repo’d vehicles often don’t have regular mnt done, especially Honda, as regular mnt can get pricey if u don’t shop around.
It’s like this- people who trade in dirty unkempt vehicles usually don’t bother with regular mnt. Repairs on repo’d vehicles are often deferred.
That price is way way too high.

U can get a 2009 4th gen CRV m-EX L with119K miles for $5k, if u spent $800 for new tires brakes tuneup battery and alignment and a/c work u r ahead of the game.
Endurance will give u an extended warranty to 225,000 miles and 5 years for $178 down and $75/mo for 18 mos.
It’s peace of mind if u r poor and something goes wrong.

the idea is u are not spending $300-$450 a month for 36 months. Put ur savings on quality of life issues.

·
2,796 Posts
I’ll sell you my 2017 Honda CRV EX-L with the grey leather interior, Nav., sunroof, ect. It has 56,000 mi on it 75% highway miles because of where I live, And where I work. I Only thing is,I live in Texas. I want a Toyota Tacoma 4 x 4 TRD package. I always did but got Talked into buying a Honda seven months ago. I’m not real happy with it. I would love someone to just take over the damn payments.
Well, we want what we want, but that switch will knock a great big dent in your gas budget. Not that I have room to talk.

·
Registered
6 Posts
View attachment 137812
That seems like a lot for a 2-year old car, even with fairly low mileage. I was at a dealer last (finally getting my airbag recalls done) and there was a brand new CR-V fully loaded for $32K. But there was also a brand new HR-V which looked pretty loaded for around $24K. They had given me an HR-V for a loaner, and I really liked it. It's smaller than my CR-V but didn't feel small, and handled well. I'd be leery of a repossessed vehicle - just not sure how it was treated.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Interesting site. Nearest pick up point 260 miles one way. Thanks for the suggestion though. Who knows? I am not having much luck the internet search method. Carvana doesn't seem to sell Honda Certified, of course.
I happened to see my first Carvana truck hauling away a vehicle this past Tuesday here in Prescott Valley, AZ. I decided to check their website and price a couple of Honda Pilot EXs for the heck of it. The ones I saw there seemed overpriced based prices I found when I did a regular Internet search for the same year and model, 2018 Pilot EX.

·
Registered
131 Posts
That seems like a lot for a 2-year old car, even with fairly low mileage. I was at a dealer last (finally getting my airbag recalls done) and there was a brand new CR-V fully loaded for $32K. But there was also a brand new HR-V which looked pretty loaded for around $24K. They had given me an HR-V for a loaner, and I really liked it. It's smaller than my CR-V but didn't feel small, and handled well. I'd be leery of a repossessed vehicle - just not sure how it was treated.
The only thing I don't like about going back to IL for a visit every year is having to ride in my sister-in-law's HR-V. Luckily, I only need to ride in it to pick up and drop off my rental car. I am 6' 2" and that car is way too small to be comfortable in. I have no problem with my wife's CR-V, though; even enough rear seat leg room for me.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I want a Toyota Tacoma 4 x 4 TRD package. I always did but got Talked into buying a Honda seven months ago. I’m not real happy with it. I would love someone to just take over the damn payments.
I love those TRD packages--the Tacoma and 4Runner would be higher on my list if I had somewhere to drive them. I'm looking into driving out west on the unpaved roads. I've done it in my CR-V but would feel better if I had one of these with a proper high/low transfer case and more ground clearance. (I've even looked at used FJ Cruisers lately. Kind of quirky and not perfect, but that's kind of my style anyways. 😁 )

Even the TRD Camry is pretty sweet...just way out of my budget for now!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Repos are great! The 2000 Mustang GT that I still have was auctioned after repossession and I got it in 2002. I saved A LOT of money, and the vehicle was in excellent condition!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts