Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone - I've been looking at a few CR-Vs lately and am getting ready to pull the trigger. Wanted to get some advice on which model sounds like a good bet:

Its between:

2009 White EX-L with 50k miles for $15.9
2011 Silver EX with 47k miles for $15.4
2009 Black AWD EX-L with 70k miles for $15.4

Any advice based on those specs?

I'm also interested in putting some off road tires on it and lifting it so they'll fit. Any suggestions on where to buy a lift kit online?

Any help would be great!

-MR

·
Registered
776 Posts
I think if I'm doing off-road activities, I'd find a different vehicle !! Somehow, lifting a vehicle with a high center of gravity even further doesn't quite do it for me !! You might also want to see how this plan will effect the warranty, if any is left !! Craig

·
Registered
172 Posts
While people have lifted CR-V's suspension issues are abound

Bushings seem to wear out pretty quick

Also the AWD system on the CR-V is not really made for off roading, it will get it done but it was not the design intent

If you want to lift something and go truly off road
http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/634731604/overview/

If you want to hit up the occasional fire road, get the newest model with the lowest miles the real big difference between the EX and the EX-L is leather seats

I take my bone stock 2014 EX hunting and on mild ATV trails with out issue so i think with some larger tires (you can search that, its been covered pretty well) i think 235/70/17 or 235/65/17 will give you a slight bump in height without messing with the suspension. You will have to verify fitment before buying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So all those three were gone today...

Took home a 2008 CRV LX with 50k miles.

I have it contingent on my mechanic's approval.

Hope it works out. Thanks for everyone's input.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Wow, that was fast with all 3 getting sold. Good luck with the 2008.
You can throw in all terrains that are larger in size than stock to gain a few cms of more clearance. With the all terrains the CRV does well on forest roads, unpaved stuff, sand / mud. Like others have said its not a hardcore off roader but can sure handle some dirt / mud well.
Lift kit for the 3rd gen seems almost non existent, I have been looking for one and no luck yet.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Congradulations on the purchase, they sell fast. If you want good service from your Honda that they are so well noted for, do nothing but required maintenance. Engineers spent a lot of time & money making this car what it is today, and like others have said, lifting is not for me, JMHO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts