Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently inherited my Dad's 2012 CR-V, and I'm having a problem when I play music stored on a USB drive. Although the information contained in the MP3 tags is correct, the songs don't play in the correct order - i.e., first number 1, then number 2, and so on. They're not even listed correctly on the display screen. All the settings seem to be correct, so I don't know what the problem is. Can anyone offer a solution? Thanks very much.

·
2,216 Posts
I have some interest in this issue as I have my extensive music collection ripped and want to be able to play it in my '07. Right now the only way is using an aux cable and my android phone, which has a 200gb micro SD card and the music on it, and that works but navigation is through the phone. I want to upgrade to a touchscreen aftermarket head unit that will allow what you are talking about, so that I can have the music available in the car without having to use the phone to do it. So, in researching this I've run into discussion about this issue, and my understanding is that the file folder system used to load the music on the drive, depending on the app used, can be incompatible with the head unit's onboard software's ability to read it. As far as I can decipher so far, there are ways to solve it using specific applications, but the only surefire way is to use an SSD instead of a thumb drive. Some head units can use either, some cannot. Another issue I've seen is that some head unit can only decipher a certain maximum number of files and folders, which would limit the amount of music you can access on a drive. Since flash memory has suddenly now gotten dirt cheap, I don't accept that limitation and will demand that any head unit I buy be unlimited by that factor. My mp3 collection is about to surpass 20k files, 2k albums, so it's an important issue for me. Anyways, all that aside, you might be able to use an external USB SSD instead of the thumb drive and solve it, but I don't know that for sure, so you might want to research it more. Supposedly when you use a computer to load the music on the SSD it uses a file/folder method that works where the method used for a thumb drive won't. ? Don't git me to lyin.'

·
Registered
515 Posts
How are the songs displayed?
Stock oem head unit or after market?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts