Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 crv with all cylinders misfiring, and am trying to find perhaps a leaking vacuum line but I can’t find a diagram anywhere rather than just going in blind. All sparks are good and gapped proper and the cop’s are working as well as far as I know. Only other code I have present is a p2422 for an Evap gent stuck closed

·
Registered
351 Posts
It should also set a P0300 or a P0301, 302, 303 or 304 DTC as well. Make sure you know which cylinder(s) are misfiring then go from there. Wouldn't hurt to swap a coil/plug or injector around and see if the misfire moves. Could also be a mechanical issue as well. You're not going to find many vacuum lines on newer engines, brake booster to the intake plenum is the biggest one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes all of those show up including random misfire code, I have just replaced a hose connecting to the pcv tonight. Since all are misfiring I cant exactly switch to see if a coil is bad or a plug, nothing seems broken or out of the ordinary so far, I must just be missing something

·
Registered
351 Posts
Was it misfiring before you put the hose on? That alone will not give you the misfires you're having, it'll set a lean condition and you may get a misfire from that eventually.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it was misfiring before, I had just noticed the hose the other day while inspecting for any other problems. What I’m not 100% certain on is if the fuel filter has been changed anytime soon sitting with 277,000 km’s other than that I’m stumped

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
14,014 Posts
I'd suggest doing the valve adjustments then. Can't hurt, even if it isn't the cause of all your misfires the engine will run better/more efficiently.

PS: Unless your car was in an accident, there should be a vacuum diagram under the hood somewhere...

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
On gen 2 on up no, the vacuum diagram is non-existent except for evap syste which is a closed system not attached to anything else

If you have a vacuum leak, can of brake cleaner spray all around intake and all hoses in the engine bay WHILE ENGINE IS IDLING. You will find the leak as soon you hit it with brake clean because engine will stumble worse if not stall.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
14,014 Posts
On gen 2 on up, no,
Sorry, there IS a vacuum diagram on my Gen2! It's only one corner of the CATALYST INFORMATION sticker on the hood...I'm sure that's why you missed it when you blinked. :Naughty: It has all of four lines...

What a change from the 1980s....I remember my '81 Civic having TONS of vacuum lines, and two 'Control Boxes' on the firewall where the lines disappeared to do their magic! :Eyes:

Let's all bow down to the Electronic Gods who made the elimination of that stuff possible. :kneel:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.