Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had this installed at U-Haul for $160. The hitch is well made and finished and very unobtrusive. But, the receiver is set pretty far back from the edge of the bumper. Because of this my beloved Thule T2 bike rack does not fit when folded up. The bottom bike wheel tray contacts the bumper first. Bummer. I will be experimenting with different solutions and report back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
U haul hitch

I have a question about the U-haul hitch and wondering if you have the same problem as I did. I had the class II hitch installed so that I could use my bike rack on it. The problem I've had is that the u haul hitch vibrates against my muffler and drives me crazy. It was very bad, and I took it back to u haul twice. On the second visit, they took it off and completely re-installed it. It's much better now, nearly 90% better, but it still vibrates against the muffler at times and is very annoying. Any advice? I have a 2001 Honda CRV. Thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Boxer,

Are both of your hangers installed (properly)? The rear muffler section has to be dropped in order for the reciever to go in; thus the hangers have to be removed and reinstalled.

I would first jump under there when it is cold and try to pull (with the hangers hooked up) the muffler down and away from the reciever since there is some flexibility there. If that doesn't work you can actually bend the hanger a little away from it so that way it will have enough clearance NOT to bang on the reciever.

OP:

There are several different kinds of extenders. Give it a simple measurement to see how much extension you need and go from there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks

Thanks for that helpful information! I understood that my hangers were properly installed, but I will crawl under there myself and check this out. Much appeciated!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts