Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ! I’m brand new to this forum but wanted experienced input for a value range on this vehicle that I’m considering buying. It’s in terrific cosmetic and mechanical condition, I just don’t know a fair value for price?? HELP PLEASE !!
I need it for flat tow behind an RV and winter driving when I visit Snow (rarely).
Thanks in advance for input!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello ! I’m brand new to this forum but wanted experienced input for a value range on this vehicle that I’m considering buying. It’s in terrific cosmetic and mechanical condition, I just don’t know a fair value for price?? HELP PLEASE !!
I need it for flat tow behind an RV and winter driving when I visit Snow (rarely).
Thanks in advance for input!
Oh sorry. I thought the info would show in header.
its 2002 AWD CRV manual 5 speed with 17,000 Miles

·
Registered
2016 EX
53 Posts
This is going to be heavily dependent on the seller, the location, and the market. Personally, I would think regular market fair value on that car would be somewhere close to 6k. Especially at that low mileage. These days I would guess the seller is asking 9k or 10k at least? Especially with it being manual which has recently become much more desirable.

That's just my input though, everyone else here will probably have a much different opinion. The older a car gets the harder it is to really figure out a fair market value as it becomes less about how well the car does a specific job and more about public perception of it.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Thats very low milage. Has the car been sitting long? Or was it used daily/weekly for short trips?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats very low milage. Has the car been sitting long? Or was it used daily/weekly for short trips?
Hi Tony,
It’s a documented one owner vehicle….. not sure if it was “a little old lady’s Sunday driver “ or what …. But the service records correspond with the mileage /time frame of service.
thanks Terry Sue

·
Premium Member
2020 CRV EX-L Platinum White Pearl/Ivory
276 Posts
I may be wrong, I'm sure others will jump in, but I don't think you can flat tow a CRV AWD without damaging the differential.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
11,804 Posts
You HAVE to flat tow the AWD Gen2s. It is towing with 2 wheels on the ground that is a no-no. (yes, that would damage the rear differential)

Owners manual (with towing/inspection advice, back when the cars were new many inspections were done on a 2-wheel rolling road) is on the Honda Ownerlink:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Carbuff is right. It HAS to be flat towed. I know this because my old CRV had to be towed on a couple of occasions.. 🤣
I don't know the market conditions so can't comment on the value.
But if it has been sitting or driven very little. Just be wary of hoses, rubber seals and fluids. Pay attention to the clutch master cylinder. When mine sat or was driven very little. The clutch master cylinder went (twice). That was just age and not being used.

If you purchase. Post pictures and any work you do on it. I am really curious to see the condition.

·
Registered
193 Posts
The real question is what’s it worth to you? I wouldn’t pay $9k for a vehicle this age but if it’s immaculate and In Showroom condition maybe it’s worth that to you. I can live with a lot of cosmetic damage. Also, is it rust free?

what is the cost of vehicles of low mileage that are the next generation or another model like RAV4? How long has it been in the market at this price? If a while then maybe it’s priced a bit high for the market.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry I can’t link an ad it’s not online or advertised. If I buy the car I’ll post pics and info. I truly appreciate everyone’s kindness and supportive comments. It sounds like these cars have a long life (like all Honda’s) if you take care of them properly. Thanks All !!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts