Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back in a welcome post I mentioned finding small oil deposits around the base of the valve cover after the fist oil change. I cleaned it off and noticed oil had returned by the second service visit to the dealership. They concurred it could be leaking, cleaned it off and tightened the cover and said if it leaks again to bring it in for a VCG replacement.

Sure enough, I noticed a smaller amount of oil accumulating around the valve cover after a while between services and they addressed it under warranty replacing the gasket. I don't think it was leaking a lot of oil but it seems like this wouldn't happen this early very often (I recall replacing the VC gasket on my Accord 2.4 after about 80-100k).

I have a gravel driveway and haven't noticed any oil spots for what it's worth and between oil changes I added about 1/2 quart to get the level a bit over half on the dipstick. I'll see if oil consumption goes down now but I'd expect some oil consumption is a good sign anyway with these DI Earthdream engines? Thanks and not sure if anyone else had to replace this so soon, I tried a search and came up blank for this gen, but like I said it was still covered under the warranty. Still love this 2015 EXL and the new '17 hasn't been tempting me too bad ;)

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I have a 16 EX-L and I have been changing the oil at about 9,000 miles when the MM reads 30% (lot of trips) and it has just over 30,000 miles on it. The oil level stays at or within a fraction of an inch of the full mark between changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts