Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know this is very minor and easy to fix. Did anyone notice the the valve stem caps don't really fit so to speak. When I screwed them on, the caps didn't go all the way onto the stem. They weren't "tall" enough. I noticed that when I checked the tire pressure the next morning after I took delivery.

I went back to the dealership the next day to check about 8 other 17 CR-Vs and all were the same. Just thought it was comical. I will probably buy some nicer ones online or at Auto zone or something.

By the way, I know others have posted this but check your tire pressure after buying. Mine was 37 psi in front and 34 psi on the rear. Not a big deal but supposed to be 33 psi and 30 psi.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I will be sure to check the pressures and recalibrate the TPMS when we pick up our 2017.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Are they tight? Like as in hard to turn, but eventually tighten?

You need less psi in the tires for a softer ride. I can't imagine how many people are testing driving this car and saying it's a bad ride compared to the previous model when the tires have too much air.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are they tight? Like as in hard to turn, but eventually tighten?

You need less psi in the tires for a softer ride. I can't imagine how many people are testing driving this car and saying it's a bad ride compared to the previous model when the tires have too much air.
Yep, so much I started turning the valve stem. I backed off. Probably get some from Auto zone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
As to tire pressure - yep, same with our '17 Touring. Too high and adjusting to spec improved the ride noticeably. It's interesting the offset between front and back (30 and 33). I always run factory pressures for road driving - it's optimal for wear and sticks with what was designed for the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts