1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 CRV with 95K miles---

2 questions---

1--When should the valves be adjusted?

2--I just had a new battery put in---the technician did not hook up the auxiliary power unit up correctly
(which is supposed to save all the radio settings)--- so I lost all my radio settings.

Now the radio says"Enter Code"---where do I get this code?

Somebody Help!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Have an 08, same vehicle as yours. Honda service told me they adjust valves around 180k unless they detect a problem earlier.
Older models needed it done more often.
I have 132k on mine now and the valves are quiet.

Code should be in the owners manual, if not you'll have to go to a Honda dealer with registration. They'll access their Database with your VIN.

·
Everything in Moderation
8,072 Posts
The 2.4L engine in my 175K mile V has had its valves adjusted three times.

Each time, I can tell the engine runs better (more MPG, less hesitations, etc).

The Honda manual says "adjust if noisy" but the valves usually tighten up...and when that happens, the engine will be quiet until the valves stop opening and burn!

+++++++

Regards the radio code:

If you can't find a record of the code in the new-car documentation, and its not written on the side of the radio (visible when the glove box is lowered), then yes ask at the dealer.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is the valve adjustment needed for all 2.4L motors or just up to 2009? Because wasn't the engine changed some in 2010? That is what I have and I just crest 100K and would like to know if I need to adjust my valves.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Also the radio code can be retrieved from the Honda website and the serial number of the radio. You can get the radio to display the SN by pushing some buttons and you put that in Honda's website and it will tell you the code. I had to do this as well when I replaced my battery. My code was not in or around my glovebox area anywhere. Apparently the code being put there was a dealer thing that was done so not everyone has it done. It would be on the outside of the driverside hinge(so sitting in the drivers seat if you open the glovebox you should be able to see it facing you.) Some dealers put the code on the same hinge, just inside the glovebox.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found where I can push 2 buttons and get a 10 digit code---
I pushed both of the buttons but I got a 9 digit code and 1 letter

it starts with an "S" then there is a space then the 9 digits.

I will look in my glove box tomorrow and see if there is anything there.

I'll keep you in the loop.

Thanks to all for the replies.

I wish for every member to have wonderful holidays!!!

·
1,958 Posts
My '07 has the radio code on a while label stuck to the inside (on the left) of the glove box door.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 2009 CRV with 95K miles---

2 questions---

1--When should the valves be adjusted?

2--I just had a new battery put in---the technician did not hook up the auxiliary power unit up correctly
(which is supposed to save all the radio settings)--- so I lost all my radio settings.

Now the radio says"Enter Code"---where do I get this code?

Somebody Help!!!
There’s a 5 digit code inside the glove box. Just enter that code and your good to go

1 - 9 of 9 Posts