Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello fellow New Englanders; Any of you ever donate a vehicle? If so who did you give it to and how did it go?
IBBY

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
I forgot the exact address, but it is near Foxboro, MA near the football stadium. Its on a main road a place called Helping Hands... http://helpinghandsofamerica.org/

Very interesting place, especially since they let you actually drive the cars on the lot, in the lot(not street legal of course) for fun or if you decide if you want to buy it or not... Remember this is also a donation place, where people donate cars and boats.. Most people I know that go there don't intend to purchase because they are as is and looks worst shape then auction cars sometimes.. but you get to drive around and play around with cars!

I drove a Crown victoria police edition and one word... FLAT seats... Also sat in some Lexus (sedan) with 250,000 miles and a Subaru outback (stick shift) They have a lot just sitting on the lot that are unsold by people.. Sad part is when the wreckers buy them before you get to test drive or sit in them...

The worst one I sat in was a BMW, looked like mid 2000's looked nice except for one thing when I sat in it.. I think it was a flood vehicle because I got a whiff of something like mold.. By the way be prepared for tons of dead batteries, low gas and some flat tires to those who sat a long time..
There was a Mercedes sitting there on the lot because the battery had die and it had one of those keyless doors that you use remote to open, no way to open the hood to jump start :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts