Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Six months ago I purchased a used 2009 CRV. When test driving the vehicle I noticed a pull to the left. I told the sales department and was told it was probably due to the condition of the tires and they would be installing new tires to correct. Here it is 6 months later and still this issue has not been resolved. I have had 3 alignments, tires have been rotated and pressure checked. Still no one can figure out why the vehicle pulls. When driving at high speeds over 90 km/hr I am not able to let go of the steering wheel or I would be in the ditch within seconds. This is not a minor pull and is dangerous. I am at the point that I want to get rid of the vehicle and buy something else. Prior to purchasing this vehicle I drove a 2000 Honda CRV and had no issues at all. Has anyone been experiencing similar circumstances?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
There is a TSB (service bulletin) about pull to the right. Pull To The Left & PTTR are caused by the same thing, incorrect camber adjustment. It explains that the "4 wheel cross camber" must be changed to spec and within 1/2 a degree from what I gather. I can't access the link. http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/A05-022.PDF I expect your camber is out because you have mentioned that it is very noticeable at higher speed. Many dealers don't have the experience/machine to solve this problem. It may take a number of tries from what I can see. Be persistent, it can be fixed.
Here is some info from a thread. http://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/14-problems-issues/4158-dreaded-pull-right-pttr-problem.html

·
Registered
1 Posts
in regard to the 2003 crv camshaft issue of ex cam lobe failure it is probable that the valve lash or clearance maintenance interval was neglected or not performed on time. extended operation exceeding valve adjustments will cause a hammering effect on lobe to cam follower contact area this will eventually create abnormal surface rolling due to flat spots created causing [email protected] follower drag @ added friction and will only progress in disfuctional lobal surface damage as well as cam follower roller damage if replacing the cam always replace the followers effected with known good ones measuring follower or roller for flat ware spots can be difficult and requires precision measure proceedure

1 - 3 of 3 Posts