Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all...
I have a 2017 EX FWD, and I'm looking for IN-CHANNEL vent visors that tape to the inside window channel. The only ones I've seen thus far are external (tape to body), or in-channel without tape.
Your thoughts and suggestion are much appreciated...Thanks!

Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
Hey all...
I have a 2017 EX FWD, and I'm looking for IN-CHANNEL vent visors that tape to the inside window channel. The only ones I've seen thus far are external (tape to body), or in-channel without tape.
Your thoughts and suggestion are much appreciated...Thanks!
i went with the oems. They have the inner clips, the external tape and have the oem chrome strips to keep the body lines.

Registered
I have the WeatherTech vent visors and I鈥檓 on the fence about them. On my Dodge Ram they work great, on the Honda not as good.
the driver side has been perfect. The passenger side has had issues.Honda must have some load sensing software in the electric motor that drives the window. When I first installed the vent visor, as soon as you tried to seat the window in the fill up position, it would automatically go back down. So then you would have to jog the window up until closed.
If you let it set for a day with the window up then it would be okay for the next up/down cycle. If you let the window down a couple of inches overnight then tried to close it, it would auto down.
if I knew that the dealer offered them I would have check the price and purchased them.

The. Admin. Istrator.
Reactions: BoostedV

Registered
I have the WeatherTech vent visors and I鈥檓 on the fence about them. On my Dodge Ram they work great, on the Honda not as good.
the driver side has been perfect. The passenger side has had issues.Honda must have some load sensing software in the electric motor that drives the window. When I first installed the vent visor, as soon as you tried to seat the window in the fill up position, it would automatically go back down. So then you would have to jog the window up until closed.
If you let it set for a day with the window up then it would be okay for the next up/down cycle. If you let the window down a couple of inches overnight then tried to close it, it would auto down.
if I knew that the dealer offered them I would have check the price and purchased them.
You may want to reinstall them. The front part of the visor must sit like the directions indicate. Also, after installing in the channel you have to gently pull out on the visor out while open and close the window. I had the same problem at 1st but then after pulling out on the visor that went away.

Registered
2017 CR-V EX-L w/ NAV
I have the AVS and while I have loved them on other vehicles they don't seem to fit quite as well on the CRV. If I had to do over I'd go with the OEM, but I think they are way overpriced. Best time is when you are buying the car and can use it as a bargaining chip and have them thrown in for free.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts