Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, when I drive the CRV above motorway speeds(60mph plus) there is a whistle in the cabin, sounds like the centre vents - but difficult to be sure. It has been to the dealer a few times but to no avail (the last visit the dealer replaced the windscreen for a genuine Honda one!).

Anyway - has anyone heard of this issue before?

My father has advised me to cover the incoming vents under the bonnet to track the problem down a bit, can anyone advise where these are?

I can say with some certainty its not the Aircon (does it switched off) or the blowers (again, switched off still does it) or the re-circulation. Puttting the blowers on full at a standstill will not recreate the problem.

Id really appreciate some advice! :eek:

·
Registered
1 Posts
same problem howling noise

I have a 2005 crv that is doing the same thing intermittently for the last two years mostly summer time and when I go over 50 mph. now started doing it more often. Drive on a 7 hr trip did it almost the whole way, did help to keep me awake while driving but drove me crazy. Seems to be coming from center vent, it is a howling humming noise. turned off all fans air conditioner, heater inside circulation, off and on back and forth does not disrupt noise. Asked honda about it they don't know, what it could be have to make an appt. for 130.00 diagnostic to start. It sounds like a vent is not closing or opening properly to me and is stuck in that position. Just saying that is what it sounds like. They have to tear out the dashboard to see if they can find anything. they act like they have never heard of the problem before, I don't believe we are the only people with this problem. Seems ;like honds crvs are making a lot of noises. Not so sure I will get another one. Maybe a different make.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts