Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any CR-V/Element owners in Vermont care to join in on some casual outings around the state? Have discovered (not hard) some really nice 4 to 8 hour, mixed pavement and dirt road tours around mostly the northern part of the state. Great places for picnics and nice views. Seems like day tripping would be more fun and casual off-roading would be less risky with a group.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any CR-V/Element owners in Vermont care to join in on some casual outings around the state? Have discovered (not hard) some really nice 4 to 8 hour, mixed pavement and dirt road tours around mostly the northern part of the state. Great places for picnics and nice views. Seems like day tripping would be more fun and casual off-roading would be less risky with a group.
That definitely sounds like fun! Then again, I'm near Boston, so it'd be a little voyage. Perhaps something a little closer, southern VT, or even NH?

I've yet to find some trails to explore... :(

·
Registered
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Outings in southern Vermont

Don't have any tours scoped out in southern Vermont but I'm ready, willing and able to explore some. Don't mind the drive down I89 or Rt 7 at all. If some CR-V owners want to gather in southern Vermont for an outing, count me in.

When it comes to snow, I love to play in it. Had a 26" blast up here on Valentines Day last year and found myself plowing through 14" to get to work (retired now). Had no problems at all and the hill I live on has to be seen to be believed. It's got a reputation around here.

Had a string of IH (Scouts and 4X4 pickups) vehicles in the 60s and 70s and the CR-V out shines them all when it comes to paved and dirt road running in snow. FWD with a smoothly engaging 4WD system is the way to go and the new tire compounds don't hurt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts