Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
252 Posts
I'm guessing something to do with your heater core, although the above post has good ideas too. Keep an eye on the anti-freeze level and your temperature gauge and don't keep driving if it overheats.

Please do let us know how you are treated at the dealer. Hopefully they will give you a loner car if you have to wait for parts to be shipped in. Good luck!

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,567 Posts
If it hasn't been out in the rain much than it has to be coming from th A/C unit. Plugged condensate line or in my case the the drain line wasn't connected to the A/C unit so the condensate was just dumping onto the carpet. If the drain line ok, then you should see a pool water from the AC unit under the car, about a foot inside the front passenger side wheel.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
Ac plug , can simply see it drip if you can bend down or walk back looking under the area.. did you have the Ac on I am sure you did?

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,510 Posts
Ac plug , can simply see it drip if you can bend down or walk back looking under the area.. did you have the Ac on I am sure you did?
Yep.. Hondas are prolific drippers from the AC drain feed. So much so, some new owners have freaked out about it until it was explained to them. :)

So if you see a notable water puddle after driving, in the location Traylaw explained... then it's not the AC condensate. If you have been running the AC, and see no puddle... the drain line is either disconnected or plugged.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Plugged sunroof drain(s) and/or plugged air conditioner evaporator drain.
I'm inclined to go with the plugged sunroof drains. It's the reason I just picked up a 2017 CR-V EX yesterday. Had a 2009 Mercedes ML350 with the exact same problem. I ignored it for too long thinking it was minor and I'd get around to having it looked at. One day, shortly after a big rain storm, it just got bad to the point where water started pouring out from under the dash and around the doors like crazy. It was so bad that the wiring harness and the SAM (Signal Acquisition Module) unit got drenched resulting in repairs that were so high that my insurance wrote it off as a total loss due to flood damage. I'm not familiar enough with the CRV's setup yet but I'd definitely advise getting it diagnosed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.