Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good night friends.
I am Brazilian and would like some help from you, I apologize for my English, because I am not fluent.
I have a CR-V EXL 2015 4x4 and I noticed that when I'm with her I stop and make the conversion to one side, both the right and the left, turning the whole volley, when accelerating and moving, I feel like I'm touching the tire In something, a slight vibration and a soft noise as if it were at the end of stroke or hitting something.
This process only occurs in Drive when I turn all the volantes to make a maneuver, in reverse does not happen.
Does anyone know if this is normal?

·
Everything in Moderation
7,605 Posts
Anytime you turn the wheel all the way ("Full Lock") it will strain the pump (or motor, if your car has the electric assist).

It's possible, too, that if you have fitted aftermarket wheels or tires, the spacing or diameter is wrong and the tires are rubbing on the body when you turn all the way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for returning, but the tires are factory original.
If possible could you take a test?
With your cr-v, stop the car, turn the steering wheel to either side (completely) engage the gear D and get out a few meters is already perceptible, to see if you have that same feeling of tripidation that I have?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Goodnight friend!
Just to let them know about the problem that was occurring with my CR-V, today I went to a Honda dealership in my city and explained the problem to the mechanics, we did a test drive with it and in a matter of "seconds" it identified That the problem was in the back diferecial oil, as mine is a 4wd, and this with 21,000.00 kilometers, approximately 13,200 miles.
They said that in our country it is normal for this to happen and they recommend that the differential oil be changed at 20k (12,5 miles) and at 100k (156,000 miles).
Problem solved with total expenditure of approximately 60 dollars.
Big hug;

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Goodnight friend!
Just to let them know about the problem that was occurring with my CR-V, today I went to a Honda dealership in my city and explained the problem to the mechanics, we did a test drive with it and in a matter of "seconds" it identified That the problem was in the rear differential oil, as mine is a 4wd, and this one with 21,000.00km, approximately 13,200 miles.
They said that in our country it is normal for this to happen and they recommend that the differential oil be changed at 20k (12,5 miles) and at 100k (156,000 miles).
Problem solved with total expenditure of approximately 60 dollars.
Big hug;
tks so much

·
Everything in Moderation
7,605 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. :)

This differential noise is common, and occurs more rapidly in humid climates. (That is why you need to change fluids over a TIME measurement as well as DISTANCE.) It can also be affected by long boat rides (as in, when cars are transported from Japan or other points of origin).

Based on your feedback, I'd advise replacing the diff fluid next time at around 40 - 50K miles, not 100K miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts