Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buyer of the 2016 model complained about vibrations at edmunds.com. Are other 2016 owners getting vibrations?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2016 CRV EX-L that is five days old; 160 miles.

I am not experiencing any vibration either in the brake pedal while idling at a stop light or from the engine while driving up to speed.

I test drove a 2015 at the showroom and I did feel vibration in brake pedal in the same scenarios.

I'll report back if anything materializes as the car ages and the mileage accumulates.

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Hopefully this is an isolated incident.....

·
Registered
229 Posts
I've felt the vibration in ours but I think the whole thing is blow outta proportion, its not that bad and not all the time.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Speak for yourself. Any vibration on a brand new vehicle is not acceptable.
Every car I have owned with an ICE has had some vibration at idle. The obvious exception was my Prius, and my old Civic hybrid when the engine shut off. The most vibration I have experienced was my 2010 CR-V at idle. It was common and a rough idle.

If there is absolutely no vibration, I worry my engine has stalled.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
My 2010 EXL idles very smooth...

Every car I have owned with an ICE has had some vibration at idle. The obvious exception was my Prius, and my old Civic hybrid when the engine shut off. The most vibration I have experienced was my 2010 CR-V at idle. It was common and a rough idle.

If there is absolutely no vibration, I worry my engine has stalled.
My 2010 EXL idles very smoothly. Every 5,000 mile or so it becomes noticeable so I put a bottle of Gumout in the gas and after that tank it is smooth again.

26,000 miles.

However, it does STILL have the infamous "Hesitation" problem but it is a lot better after the software fix than before.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
A buyer of the 2016 model complained about vibrations at edmunds.com. Are other 2016 owners getting vibrations?
ahhhhh, purple43, glad to see you are alive and well ..... intentioned. Are you enjoying your new ride of another brand? Oh, do tell!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yes, I'm getting the vibration 2016 LX, but it just happens if I am sitting at a light for more than a minute or so. I'm also getting bumpiness between 1500 rpm- 100rpm too.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Apparently some owners are not happy with the CVT transmission and the 4 cylinder engine. I am happy with everything about my '15 Honda CR-V.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
633 Posts
You probably would not be happy if yours vibrated....1 of those cases where many vehicles have no issues..some minor issues, and some people it is pretty bad.....Some still have issues after the "fix" I'm a huge honda/Acura fan.....but wasn't about to gamble on it...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2016 Touring, 346 miles on it so far. I noticed a vibration in the steering wheel before I even looked online and read about the CR-V vibrating. I took it in the day after I bought it to the dealer to have accessories added that I bought and mentioned it and the service manager kind of just blew it off and said the 2015 was real bad, he had people come in where their whole steering wheel and floor shook violently.
I only get a very mild vibration in the steering wheel stopped at a light and idling. I did notice if I turn off the ECON button it almost goes away completely. Driving I have not noticed any vibration at all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We got our car couple weeks ago, now got about 800 miles. Yeap, we got a little vibration from the steering wheel at idle while stuck in traffic. Not that bad but for sure you can feel it! Thx

·
Registered
98 Posts
I hate to say it but coming from a 2010 Cadillac SRX, the Honda CR-V is not a luxury car and isn't going to behave like one. I even have the top of the line 2016 Touring and it's not nearly as quiet and vibration free as the Cadillac was. However, Caddys have their own set of problems which is why I dumped mine at only 37K miles and an expired 4-year warranty.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts