Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my friend's rear brake pads a while back and ended up making a YouTube video showing how I did it. I thought it might be helpful to post it here. It was a pretty easy job...this was replacing the rear brake pads only, not the rotors.
Here's the link to the video:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,804 Posts
Nice video. What brand ratcheting wrenches did you use? (A MAN always needs new, updated tools, LOL)

My only tidbits of advice, from years of experience, are to

1. Test-fit the pads into the holders before installing, assure that they are 'falling-out loose'. I've had Wagners (and other aftermarket brands) require a little filing on the edges to resist binding. In the vid, yours looked OK.

2. Smear brake grease under the SS pad edge guides, in salty areas rust can bloom under them and bind the pads eventually.

3. Likewise, a greater quantity of Sil-Glyde on the slider pins can reduce sticking later (as on your lower slider).

4. Up here in the salt belt, a smear of anti-seize or Sil-Glyde around the rotor hubs (and on the rotor retention screw heads) will assure easier removal when the time comes.

Good Practice smearing all the rubber with synthetic grease! I do that, as well, and have never suffered a ripped boot as a result.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great advice and info. And yes, I am always looking for more tools that I don’t really need? as well. That was a Mountain brand ratcheting wrench with flex head and offset. I got it on Amazon. I will update the video to include a link as well.
Thx again for your feedback!
Take care,
Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts