Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How Ironic which is my fav word recently. I just watched you change the cabin filter on YOUTUBE and saved it. You get around huh?

·
Registered
488 Posts
You installed the clip wrong. See the clip on the OUTSIDE at around 06:30 mark on the video before removal of old pad.
See the 11:01 mark after your have pushed the clip and it should bounce out freely, yours are flat mashed against the rotor.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,438 Posts
How to replace and or lube the calipar housing slider pin, boot replacement, pin replacement, lubing

·
Registered
2018 Honda CR-V EX-L Lunar Silver
131 Posts
Maybe put links to your actual youtube channel here as well as the videos. That way we can find it and subscribe. Yes, I found it and subscribed and found a lot more to watch as well.

·
Registered
2018 Honda CR-V EX-L Lunar Silver
131 Posts
I've already had the battery replaced once by the dealer (2018 CRV EXL), but I thought I'd check my battery like Fishycomics shows. Two of the cells were already down to the plates in less than one year.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Winters oil change how its done
Nice work fishy! It always feels good doing that yourself and no doubt your own way.

A few things that make it easier for me are a fumoto valve (avoids need for crush washer change) and I just bought an 'oil udder' for the filter change. Some also use the udder to remove the drain plug. I have yet to use the udder, but it's suppose to help keep oil off the hands, ground, etc. Some argue the hazards of used motor oil are the chemicals, impurities, and it's ability to enter the skin and blood stream. If nothing else, just being able to do the oil change without using more chemicals to clean up a bigger mess.

Until we all move to EVs, we'll probably continue to see more new gee-whiz aids to assist with messy oil changes.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,438 Posts
This is where you can talk all you want about any vid, compliment, to Complain: If you want to make a post in the two threads, it should not be for conversation, but a show of thank you, I tried my best on the thread to make it in order.

If you have Ideas I do not mind taking down a list and seeing if I can get it down. Not my car, nor will I break it for anyone (lol) thank you

Two stickys are there for all to view, Please rate comment subscribe. this site offers No Funds at all we do our best to survive here

FISH

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice work fishy! It always feels good doing that yourself and no doubt your own way.

A few things that make it easier for me are a fumoto valve (avoids need for crush washer change) and I just bought an 'oil udder' for the filter change. Some also use the udder to remove the drain plug. I have yet to use the udder, but it's suppose to help keep oil off the hands, ground, etc. Some argue the hazards of used motor oil are the chemicals, impurities, and it's ability to enter the skin and blood stream. If nothing else, just being able to do the oil change without using more chemicals to clean up a bigger mess.

Until we all move to EVs, we'll probably continue to see more new gee-whiz aids to assist with messy oil changes.
Hi, just see your comment about fitting the Fumoto valve to the engine drain. It’s a simple but good idea and will make the whole process of changing the dirty engine oil a more pleasant one. Can I ask if you considered removing the oil with a Pela type vacuum pump via the dip stick hole?
Pete

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello, can you show me how to change the transmission filter? I've been looking for stuff online and found the filter and the general location of the filter but i've never done it before. Looks like you can change it without removing transmission fluid from looking at previous models. Looks like we need 3 o rings as well as the filter. the filter i think is located under the air box.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts