Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Vin Etching - Location? Factory Done? Microscopic?

6521 22
I understand that most people are going to say the VIN etching is a waste of money and you can do it yourself for like $25-$50 if you really wanted it... BUT I did pay the $200 for it on my contract. Here is my question before I raise hell and get this $200 back from the dealer:

I'm tying to figure out if I've been tricked by the dealer... I was told that VIN etching is required in all new vehicles and comes standard in the 2020 Honda CR-V. When looking at all the windows on the vehicle I purchased, I asked where it was and was told it was on the bottom of the windows, behind the door panels and is microscopic which didn't make much sense to me because isn't it supposed to be visible to deter thieves?

Thoughts? Has anyone got the etching and please attach an image showing it's location? You can cross some of it out if you want, I just need ammo if they were in the wrong and lied.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
720 Posts
Live and learn!
I was told years back at Acura that they all come with etching and told them I was walking and the story changed quickly. I now make it very clear in advance with the sales person I will not purchase extras. No rust proofing, no protection package (I have my own insurance), no extended warranty. Research was done in advance and quotes were solicited from 3 dealers I had earlier visited to test drive, each understanding they had only one chance at an offer. I don’t get the high pressure push by the business manager I had years back as they know I will leave very quickly. I swear I was with the business manager 5 minutes maximum this past purchase. I began the conversation telling him I understood what would likely be offerred and that I did not want anything extra at all...no rust proofing, etching, extended warranty etc etc..He gave me some documents showing what was offered and finalized the sale quickly.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.