Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2000 CRV with Blue Vinyl seats. Recently I noticed a small tear (less than 1/2 inch) at one of the seams. Vinyl can get bad really quick, (I wish had cloth seats). Any suggestions on what I should do. I thought about seat covers but most of the decent ones were expensive and didn't come in the right colors. I don't suppose there is any way to repair a small vinyl tear. I also wonder if a honda dealership would replace one seat and how much that would cost. I welcome your suggestions.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I recently purchased a 2000 CRV with Blue Vinyl seats. Recently I noticed a small tear (less than 1/2 inch) at one of the seams. Vinyl can get bad really quick, (I wish had cloth seats). Any suggestions on what I should do. I thought about seat covers but most of the decent ones were expensive and didn't come in the right colors. I don't suppose there is any way to repair a small vinyl tear. I also wonder if a honda dealership would replace one seat and how much that would cost. I welcome your suggestions.
CR-V's didn't come with blue vinyl? Do you have a picture you could post? Other than that, go to any auto upholstery shop.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am color blind, but I'm pretty sure the seats are blue, and vinyl. I'll try and show a picture. Incedently, where or what is an auto upholstery shop? Can you give me an example.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay, in looking at other pictures on google, apparently my seats are are "leather." It must be a vinyl/leather mix, because I don't think they are 100 percent leather. My CRV also must be a special edition, which I didn't know. Cool. Any suggestions now?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
I am color blind, but I'm pretty sure the seats are blue, and vinyl. I'll try and show a picture. Incedently, where or what is an auto upholstery shop? Can you give me an example.
Yellow pages...Automobile, upholstery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts