Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 CRV Touring and I have some issues with the volume whenever I take or make calls using my iPhone and CarPlay, and the dealer is giving me the runaround about fixing it.

1. The volume for phone calls is very low, even at full volume. I usually start with the volume at 20, but find myself inevitably raising it to 40 (the max), which means when I drop the call, whatever I listen to next is LOUD. I don't have this problem with Siri, music, stock radio, or anything else, just phone calls.

2. If I make or take a phone call when the phone app is selected and on the display, the sound balance seems like 20/80, where the left speakers are at 20% and the right speakers are at 80%. If I go to the home screen or any other app, or even the stock radio, the sound balance is goes back to 50/50.

3. I haven't been able to reproduce this reliably but every once in a while while on the phone, the volume control is stuck on "Guidance Volume", and I have only up to 11 volume levels of adjustment and not the typical 40. The only remedy I've found is to unplug my phone and plug it back in.

I tried two other iPhones and they all act the same way.

Does anyone else have these issues? If so, have you been able to resolve them?

Note that I checked and didn't see any related TSBs for this.

I don't know if it's related but I did have an issue where the display was stuck at high brightness and neither the dash control (pin that you can turn) nor the touch screen display brightness control did anything. The dealer replaced the display and the issue was fixed but now my dash brightness control (the pin that you can turn) only works if the automatic headlights are on. :( The dealer is hopefully going to fix it the next time I have my oil serviced.

Thanks,
Francesco

1 - 1 of 1 Posts