Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to buy a new car. I can't decide between the Ford Escape, Honda CRV, Jeep Cherokee and the Toyota RAV4. Please help! I want to hear from owners why one is better than the other, not from some sales person trying to make commission. Thank you!
-Mike

·
Registered
868 Posts
You really expect owners to tell you that other brands are better? Come on.

The same goes for any other owner's forum you may have posted this question.

Read independent reviews. There are plenty out there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, I expect owners to tell me why their brand is better than the others. All the car magazines are brand biased anyway. I want to know from some who actually shopped the others and chose the CRV over the rest. Why pick the CRV? You liked the style? Interior? Sound system? MPG?.......

·
Registered
845 Posts
I preferred the Outback but the wife wanted another CR-V and it's her vehicle.

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
I liked the new Escape a lot, but it's cramped for space. The Rav4 felt smaller than my Scion xB (2nd gen). Didn't look at the others. The CRV gets better gas mileage than my Scion and has a whole lot more room.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well I had a 08 Lexus RX 350 bought new that was totaled....I bought the crv because I liked it better than any vehicles in the price range...I will tell you after 2 months it drives and performs as well as the RX...Not as much power not as luxurious but we love it...Great gas mileage and fun to drive.. Seems more roomy too...

·
Registered
29 Posts
I looked at Rav 4 Escape and Nissan. I had a liberty CRV had more room in it... Also My daughter has a 5 year ld Crv that was easy to ge around in. I went to AAA Autosource. Told the lady what i wanted. it went on the Assembly line January 23 I picked up from AAA Auto source on Feb 13

·
Registered
522 Posts
No, I expect owners to tell me why their brand is better than the others. All the car magazines are brand biased anyway. I want to know from some who actually shopped the others and chose the CRV over the rest. Why pick the CRV? You liked the style? Interior? Sound system? MPG?.......
All magazines are brand based? BS. Want to hear from some who actually shopped? Here's an idea. Do your own shopping. Find what YOU like. YOU have to live with it. Everyone has different preferences.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I picked the CRV because I know it won't be going into the shop all the time like the FORD will.

Waranty or not, I prefer not wasting my time having to bring it in for constant little things.

Same with the Jeep. (Maybe even especially the Jeep)

Toyota still have a good reputation, but have had quite a few recalls in the last few years that would be also be irritating to bring in to the dealership. Not finicky on their interior either.

I've never heard anything bad about the Subaru Outbacks, and their oustanding AWD system.

Good luck with your choice, maybe you'll be singing the praises of the CRV!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts