Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please educate me. My 2007 has a ghost of some type. When i accelerate slowly, I've got no issues. I've gotten it up to 90 mph without any issues. But when i accelerate too fast, It seems to throttle down by coughing, then the VSA and ! lights come on. i can make it happen by trying to accelerate too quickly. usually within the first 10 minutes of driving those lights will come on, but nothing bad happens. RPMs stay steady and there are no hiccups. I can drive just fine and use this car to commute, with dash lights on, for about an hour. I was told that when the computer is told that one wheel is rotating quicker than the others, it will throttle down like I've described. Any guidance would be appreciated. is this a VSA issue? am i going in the wrong direction with my diagnosis?

· Registered
30 Posts
Do you have any kind of car scanner? Is your check engine light on?

My guess is it is one of your wheel sensors going bad. A scan of your car's computer should verify that. You can often go to a Car Part store (O'relliey's, autozone, advance, etc) and they will scan your car for free.

I might be wrong about the wheel sensor, but you can't go wrong with a OBDII Car computer scan. Any codes that show up are clues to the ultimate problem

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts