Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 crv 2.0 ltr i-vtec sport
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
ive got 2006 k20a4 which runs fine-ish when cold...when its warm it refuses to rev and just pulses between 0 and 2000 rpm (i take it thats limp mode )..the fault code was the rocker arm fault, cant rember the exact wording...gonna do an engine flush and new oil and filter.
my question is...is it worth removing the vtec solenoid/ spool vave housing and cleaning the screen and the other screen behind the steering pump or should i just buy new...also, does can anyone recommend somewhere to pick up a new knock sensor for less than the price of my house....buggered if im paying honda £130 for one
cheers all
nige

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
i do mate, its cost me getting on for 2 grand over the last couple of years, plus the other problems it has....i just want to keep it running as cheap as possible before it dies....plus i think £130 for that part is just Honda TTP

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what code is it ? A knock sensor code shouldn't cause that?
cant remember the code but it deffo said rocker arm summat....the knock sensor is a separate code...ill have to borrow the obd reader again...ive decided im going to remove and clean all 3 screens after ive done the engine flush...i can test the solenoid once its off and i'll replace if required

·
Premium Member
2005 and 2006 EX AWD
522 Posts
check the wire on the spool valve the pressure switch should ground it until the spool valve opens then the pressure opens the circuit (no ground) if the PCM doesnt seeground on that wire it will do that at low RPM so with the engine at idle check it with a test light that has a bulb not an LED by clipping the clip on the pos. battery and the test light on the pressure sensor blue/black wire ,the knock code could be caused by running rough so that may go away when you fix the VTEC problem,good luck,find out what codes are setting will help diagnose it,

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts