Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Does it really make any difference if variable valve timing is accomplished electronically or mechanically? Really?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Now you just need to find some that say "DOHC" and "Fuel Injected" and maybe one that says "Disc Brakes" or "Electronic Ignition" or something. Then you need to get a giant sticker to put in the back window that says "HONDA".

Edit... Just found some door stickers that would look nice on there! Please get us some more pictures when you are done snazzing it up!

s-l640.jpg

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I have the same ‘turbo’ under my AWD badging from the fit & tossed the VTEC half.

FYI the ebay sellers include the cushion, labels and packaging but they aren't authentic honda badges. All replica stuff, hopefully you didnt pay alot

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had a 98 Prelude, and it was very obvious it had VTEC because it kicked it once you hit a certain RPM(forgot which RPM). The CRV may or may not have VTEC, but if it does I cannot hear it not feel it at any RPM.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I had a 98 Prelude, and it was very obvious it had VTEC because it kicked it once you hit a certain RPM(forgot which RPM). The CRV may or may not have VTEC, but if it does I cannot hear it not feel it at any RPM.
That is because tuning with a turbo allows for Honda to make a smooth torque and HP curve. There is no spike or "kick in yo" because you are already making good power by the time VTEC starts to work.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts