Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this reason enough not to purchase? Have owned a Honda Civic with no issues which is why we want to stay with honda?

·
Registered
476 Posts
Is this reason enough not to purchase? Have owned a Honda Civic with no issues which is why we want to stay with honda?
Not all 2015 or 2016 models developed the problem. Some owners that opted for the repairs had success and some didnt. It is important to understand that the repairs were TSB's issued and not a recall. There most likely are many 2015 and 2016 vehicles that still have the problem. If your still considering those vehicles, check with the dealership and try to determine if the TSB's were applied to that particular one. If you decide to purchase a vehicle that still has the vibration modes I don't believe Honda is obligated to repair the problems free of charge. Unlike a recall, TSB's generally have a time limit. Someone posted online recently about such a problem with a 2015 they bought and they were required to foot the bill for the repair.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,919 Posts
Don't worry about it and buy one. They are great vehicles!

·
Registered
2016 CR-V EX-L
163 Posts
Not all 2015 or 2016 models developed the problem. Some owners that opted for the repairs had success and some didnt. It is important to understand that the repairs were TSB's issued and not a recall. There most likely are many 2015 and 2016 vehicles that still have the problem. If your still considering those vehicles, check with the dealership and try to determine if the TSB's were applied to that particular one. If you decide to purchase a vehicle that still has the vibration modes I don't believe Honda is obligated to repair the problems free of charge. Unlike a recall, TSB's generally have a time limit. Someone posted online recently about such a problem with a 2015 they bought and they were required to foot the bill for the repair.
I agree...if it is a concern have the dealership check to see if the TSB happens to be documented on the vehicle you are considering.

I had read about the vibration issue prior to my making a purchase. I drove a total of three 2015 & 2016 CR-V's and I couldn't feel any vibration that I considered significant. I purchased a 2016 EX-L in February of 2018 and after nearly a year of trouble-free ownership I enjoy it more today than the day I made the decision. For me I thought the price point combined with the simpler power train (no turbo) made for a good combo.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,776 Posts
Love my 16. Probably going to give it to my oldest in a couple of years.

·
Registered
'98 EX AWD
323 Posts
My mom bought her '15 brand new and drives it pretty heavily. She's actually very particular about it and has had no complaints, she loves it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I would very carefully do an extended test drive. Maybe you could take it for the weekend. Test it after it's been driven for 20 or so minutes.
Also, see if the vib fix was ever applied or needed. Some had the problem and some didn't.
CR-V's seem to have their share of problems starting in 15. Vibrations, now oil dilution.
Buy with caution.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My 2016 EX-L is about to turn 50,000 trouble free miles. Test drive the CRV you want and see if it has vibes that bother you. If you like it, buy it. I know 3 people that have a 15 and 3 that have a 16 and none of them have had any vibration issues.

·
Registered
6 Posts
WOW I just returned a 2016 CRV I owned for 4.1 miles! Drove it off the lot and the vibration was so bad. By 4.1 miles I had to pull over and get out. Numb hands, legs & nausea............Dealership never felt it or heard of it ?????? 2015 CRV has a technical bulletin released from HONDA. They added 2016 to the same youtube video announcing the fix.

Search "Activity Update on 2015 CR-V Vibration" on youtube. posted by HONDA
google the fix by honda "TSB 15-046"
See if vibration matches these issues of 2015-16
MY dealership still denied even knowing about it. Lucky I got a refund, $23k for car.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,919 Posts
WOW I just returned a 2016 CRV I owned for 4.1 miles! Drove it off the lot and the vibration was so bad. By 4.1 miles I had to pull over and get out. Numb hands, legs & nausea............Dealership never felt it or heard of it ?????? 2015 CRV has a technical bulletin released from HONDA. They added 2016 to the same youtube video announcing the fix.

Search "Activity Update on 2015 CR-V Vibration" on youtube. posted by HONDA
google the fix by honda "TSB 15-046"
See if vibration matches these issues of 2015-16
MY dealership still denied even knowing about it. Lucky I got a refund, $23k for car.
So you only owned it for 4.1 miles? It sounds like you didn't even test drive it because that would have been discovered in a short test drive obviously....:confused2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have been test driving cry's for months. Only took it around the block. My fault there. I also thought the 2016 were fixed. Dealership said there was no way to check. Not sure I can find a good one.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,919 Posts
I have been test driving cry's for months. Only took it around the block. My fault there. I also thought the 2016 were fixed. Dealership said there was no way to check. Not sure I can find a good one.
Good luck searching. Definitely don't trust a dealership when they tell you anything since they are just trying to sell a car. Next one you test drive take it for a long drive on the highway and through the city. If you are willing to buy another brand the Ford Escape has been pretty reliable. My grandpa and aunt both drive that vehicle and both have been flawless.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts