Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this forum because I need information on towing a teardrop trailer and hitch specifications for my 2016 CRV. However, I cannot see how to post a new message except this intro one which is set up for me.

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Honda rates the CR-V as being able to tow a trailer weighing up to 1,500 lbs (US).
And that weight includes the trailer and all of the things you're going to carry in it.
The rating has more to do with the brakes on the CR-V than with the engine power.

How much weight you can stop is far more important than how much you can move.

There are several hitches available to fit your 2016 CR-V, most rated with far higher trailer weights than the CR-V is rated to tow.
In choosing a hitch I'd personally stick with on that has a 2" receiver.
etrailer.com is a good place to start.

You also need a wiring harness for the trailer lights. etrailer.com has some, but I'd personally buy the Honda wiring harness since you know it's specifically designed for your CR-V.

Good luck!

·
Administrator
3,347 Posts
I think a teardrop is probably a great choice for the CRV.
Www.etrailer.com for hitch and wiring. Unlike Honda they also have the 2inch receiver, which greatly increases the usefulness of the hitch.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Tammy pb,
I joined for the same reason although not committed to teardrop but like the all fiberglass ones the best, Trillium, Boler, Casita, Scamp, and Weiscraft. Would prefer a used one for price savings but living in NY, does not seem to be much second hand market near or far.
Interested in models under the 1500# threshold. Will keep search and good luck to you too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts