Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2011 Honda CRV EX and the vehicle is a bit lower than my previous suv. I would like to raise my crv off the ground
an additional 1-2 inches and was wondering what the best way is to do this. I have seen that some people go with larger tires, others
go with spacers, and some go with suspension lifts. Does anyone know the best way to do this without drastically altering the handling
of the vehicle? Currently my CRV has the stock tires and wheels. The wheel size is 225/65/17.
Thank you much!

·
Banned
2,510 Posts
I am not sure what is available for the Generation 3, 2007-2011.
Larger tires will net some lift, the problem is you have to double the change in tire height to get half of it in lift. If you want 1" of lift, the tire needs to increase by 2", then there could be fender rubbing issues if you go too far with the tire size.

If you went with aluminum spacers, I wouldn't use any that weren't machined from billet.

Are you finding 3rd gen kits or parts?

·
Banned
2,510 Posts
They are considered one of the best. They lack in identifying what is included or needs to be done for a Gen 3 lift, maybe an email to them asking for more information, see what they will provide.
What you are looking to do, they are likely your best option. They may be able to provide some insight on tire size recommendations also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.