Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were out shopping, and when we came back to the car, it would not start. No click, nothing. All interior lights were on and bright. I am certain it is not the battery, nor starter. There were a lot of warning lights, but the one which stuck out was the VSR warning light. It has been cold for about a week, like getting down to 1 degree at night. It was about 10 degrees when I tried to start the car. Not a good time to be stranded. The time was about 8:45 and the stores were closing at 9:00. We were stranded in the cold. All I could think to do was remove a battery cable, and reconnect it. Nothing changed. I then removed it and left it disconnected for about 2 minutes. I got back in the car, and nothing for a second, then it started. But, the warning lights are still on. I am going to take it to a local parts store and have them read the codes. The cars acceleration is fine.

Has anyone else had this happen? Can't rely on this car in this cold snap.

Thanks

·
Administrator
3,296 Posts
Initial testing should be battery. It may be on its last legs. I'm trending towards batteries lasting three years max reliabily.
Yeah it's weird it decided to start after appearing dead but don't rule it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts