Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day I got the warning "Some Drivers Assist Systems Cannot Operate: Radar Obstructed".
It was drizzling out , almost at the freezing temperature but no snow or freezing rain. Fortunately I was on a not very traveled road and I pulled over. I took a photo of the front end. Nothing on it so I could not clear anything off but the warning stayed there. Did a shut down and restart but it was still on. This was not the first time this has happened but when it did before it was a snowy blustery day and I cleaned off the front end but the warning did not go away either.
Where is this radar? What could the problem be?
IMG_2100 4.jpg

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
The radar is that trapezoid below the emblem.

If you check the TSB sticky, some early-production units had a S/W problem that would cause this even with no buildup.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,013 Posts
Also water / ice can accumulate behind the trapezoid cover. The cover is made to be easily removed. If you take a flashlight and look thru the grill near the top of the vertical sides of the cover you will see two tabs. Using your fingers press gentle on the tabs and pull forward to release the cover. You only have to press slightly on the tabs so don't be a bull in a china shop. Once the cover is removed you will see the actual radar unit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts