Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Warranty Recommendations After 3yrs/36K miles ???

5K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  TheDarkKnight 
#1 ·
Hello,
My own CR-V has a Honda Care extended warranty from Hyannis; however, my mother was (understandably) denied extended warranty coverage because her CR-V is about a half-year and 9K too late.

Both she and I understand the economics of warranties, but she does want one for "piece of mind." Do you have any recommendations? Saccucci offers an "Easy Care" extended warranty. Before I do a deep dive into all of the specifics of that particular plan, has anyone been through the work of purchasing such an extended warranty and would be willing to share their thoughts?

Thanks in advance for any help....

#5 ·
There are a lot of third party companies peddling extended warranties for vehicles. I'm sure it is a mix of both good and bad companies. So the risk is you choose a bad company, since you can no longer qualify for HondaCare.

I would check with your states agency that regulates insurance companies (extended warranties are considered insurance policies in many states and regulated accordingly) and see who is licensed to do business in your state. Then check reputable rating services and verify if the company stands behind it's policies or not. If possible, check local dealerships that are generally respected in the community and see what 3rd party warranties they offer when selling used vehicles. Pile it all up, sift through it and make the best informed choice in the pile.

I am fortunate as I live in a state that keeps insurance companies of all types on a very short leash. If California will not license them.. they never get a chance to try to sell me something.

#6 ·
I was able to get Honda Care some months after the original warranty expired. Don't know why they agreed, but I had had all work done by the dealer up until then. Saved the full amount when the A/C went out and almost everything had to be replaced.

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
I have an 8 yr Honda Care on 2017 CRV EX-L.
My other car is a 2003 BMW 330Cic that I bought in 2011 with 11,000 miles on the odometer. Knowing the reputation of BMWs, I decided to buy a warranty. I bought a 3 yr Easy Care warranty, it was great. They Ok'ed the only 2 problems I had, an ignition coil and the radio. My experience with Easy Care was great.

#9 ·
[

If she purchased it brand new she should have MBI insurance coverage (check your policy) shiuld cover the major stuff engine/trans up to almost 100k for like $250 deductibles

i always do hondacare at the very end of my included warranty then cancel it before i sell or trade in the care so im covered across the board.
If she DOES have the mbi just stick with that spending $1000 or more on a plan she can just bank it for any small repairs or maint and have the mbi for larger items.

#22 ·

Overlapping thread - continue there please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.