Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
There are other features that the CR-V is lacks that are found on the RAV4, such as heated rear seats. Personally, the ventilated are great addition in my view from having used them in one of our cars. In any regards, Honda could easily offer some of these features such as the pano roof already available in Canada, packaged as a higher CR-V trim.
That will be down to regional variation.

For example, my 1.5T CR-V has heated rear seats.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Got the latest Consumer Reports yesterday, they tested the Hybrid. Because of the covid virus they were not able to do a complete test.

What they did not like about it: slow from dead start, AND NOISY.

Acadia
I have crv hybrid 4 months, and can't agree with that. Before my decision to buy Crv, was interested of Toyota rav 4, and can say that crv is far better. It's more spacious and much quiter than rav4. Infotainment system is better on rav4, but placement of it is weird, like big tablet on windshield. I agree that honda should do better with infotainment system. As mater of start, crv hybrid has good quick start (better and quieter than rav4). Normally this is not sport vehicle, is more family vehicle, and as that his speed performance is great. If you floored all the time it will be noiser, but question is how drives like that all the time 😊 Hope this was helpful

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Agreed, the Toyota RAV4 "slablet" thrown on the dash is truly awful. It looks like its stuck on as a total afterthought.

When test driving, I found the RAV4 slower, louder and generally more frustrating to drive. The CR-V Hybrid was the polar opposite.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Got the latest Consumer Reports yesterday, they tested the Hybrid. Because of the covid virus they were not able to do a complete test.

Acadia
Read the Motor Trend article that compares the Hybrid version of the CR-V and Rav-4.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Agreed, the Toyota RAV4 "slablet" thrown on the dash is truly awful. It looks like its stuck on as a total afterthought.

When test driving, I found the RAV4 slower, louder and generally more frustrating to drive. The CR-V Hybrid was the polar opposite.
The Mazda CX-5 has a similar "slablet" (I love that term and will steal it!) and really turned me off on a very nice vehicle. I think the CRV is very quiet.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts

Nope, only three rather crappy trim levels. Even then, the CX5 is a considerably smaller SUV compared to the CR-V. For that reason alone I would have never considered it.

·
Registered
18 Posts

Are you sure they tested a CRV Hybrid and not a Rav4 hybrid.
That will be down to regional variation.

For example, my 1.5T CR-V has heated rear seats.
My Hybrid has heated rear seats.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've never been impressed by Consumer Reports auto reviews. I bought a 2020 CR-V Hybrid Touring at the end of March 2020.

My driving impression:
  1. Smooth from a start with instant acceleration vs. momentary turbo lag in 1.5 L gas model.
  2. Press the Power button and acceleration even better.
  3. Runs out of "air" a bit at 40 to 60, requiring more push from the gas engine and volume associated. The noise cancelling feature of the sound system helps.
  4. True that engine turns on with hard acceleration and goes to and maintains a high RPM, but not really annoying. Once you're at cruising speed, quiets down.
  5. Vehicle is very quiet, no complaints. Hondas have been known for a lot of road noise. I'm guessing they've improved the sound insulation. I upgraded the OEM tires for Verdestein XL Pro. Nicer tire, rides smoother and quieter, plus better dry and wet traction.
  6. I have no issues with Bluetooth phone connection, that may have reported here and in CarGurus.
  7. Interesting that Consumer Reports complains about having the push button transmission selectors. What's that about? Takes about 30 seconds to see what each button does. Just push the button and forget about it. Not like you're shifting it. Plus, a much cleaner center console without the shift lever on the gas model.
What would be on my wish list for this vehicle:
  1. Tuning knob for radio, in addition to current volume knob
  2. Physical buttons on high end audio unit, rather than going through menus on the touch screen
  3. A larger touch screen, which we'll probably see on the next redesign. Honestly, once the options are set for the vehicle, I don't play with the touch screens, so no major complaint here, although almost every on-line review complains about this.
  4. Cooled seats would be nice. Not necessary, but for the Touring model, why not? They offer it in the Acura RDX.
  5. Outside passenger mirror - would be great if it automatically turned down when going into reverse to avoid curb rubbing. BMW has it and you can reprogram their computer to activate that feature.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What actual MPG are you guys seeing on your hybrids? My 2012 is getting up there in miles and trying to decide what to get next.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The lifetime average (trip B) of mine is 38.5MPG (46.24 MPG imperial, 16.37 KM/L, or 6.11 L/100KM), per the trip computer, which I think is pretty accurate, right in line with what EPA says for "combined" mileage, but I only have about 600 miles on the odometer. I suspect this will improve over time.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That other Topic (pertaining to the internal and external sound systems (ANC and AVAS ) was deleted because it degenerated into name calling. :mad:

CR-Vs have always been known for their road noise, is that what would turn you off?
The road noise turned me off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
At 757 miles, we‘re averaging 40.7 US MPG / 48.9 UK MPG / 5.78 L/100km (using fuel fill up measurements, not trip computer) with roughly 3/4 of that in 55-65 miles/hour highway driving and “auto” climate control in south-eastern US summer weather. It’s exceeding our fuel efficiency expectations so far.

*edit: using normal mode —not eco mode nor sport mode

·
Registered
2020 CR-V hybrid Executive trim Premium Chrystal Red Metallic
47 Posts
The noise level when accelerating is certainly present. But, when you've driven any other hybrid with a (real) CVT, you'll notice that there's the same amount of noise. We relate the noise from the engine to the road speed and shifting gears. I noticed that when you put the system in Sport mode, the generated noise is more or less 'in sync' with the road speed.

Same goes for the 'of the start' acceleration. A few cars 'back', my wife drove a Volvo V70. That car had the same character (despite it's 7 speed auto'box): you had to select S for direct response.

On the subject of German cars... As a result of Covid, I've sold my 2018 BMW. We never had a lockdown when it comes to driving a car. I noticed that I was always drawn to take my wife's CR-V. In 4 months, the BMW only did a handful kms in total... Second-hand cars are 'hot' here, so I sold my car for the price I paid when purchasing it! I sold it and I don't regret it.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts