Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 2006 CR-V front passenger's washer Noozle is clogged. Common methods to un-clogged it didn't work. How should I take the noozle out of it's place in order to clean it properly or replace it? I did a research but couldnt find a tutorial and I'm afraid of breaking it apart. Thanks in advance.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,623 Posts
Did you try a penetrant such as PB Blaster or WD-40 on the nozzle first? You would need to let it soak a while...then hold a finger over the drivers side while you operate the pump.

Don't stick a pin in it as it's not just a 'hole'...it is designed to fan the liquid coming out.

If you can't get it going, post back and I'll have a look at mine. Removal might entail removing the wipers and cowl...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you try a penetrant such as PB Blaster or WD-40 on the nozzle first? You would need to let it soak a while...then hold a finger over the drivers side while you operate the pump.

Don't stick a pin in it as it's not just a 'hole'...it is designed to fan the liquid coming out.

If you can't get it going, post back and I'll have a look at mine. Removal might entail removing the wipers and cowl...
No, I didn't. I'll try that and post the results. Perhaps I can reach it from inside the hood, taking out the protectors but I'm afraid of breaking any plastic part.

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a schematic of the parts under the front cowl that holds the washer nozzles. You can get replacements for $12.00
Thanks for the schematics. Last weekend I've started to take apart both covers. The problem is that I live in Argentina and I'm afraid I would not find a replacement for the retainers if I break one in the process.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, during the weekend I've tried with WD40 anda with an air compressor but none of that worked. Finally I took courage and take off the front cowl protector (Carpet and plastic) not completly but enough to get my arm in there and manage to take off the noozle. Cleaned it, tested it and working again. After that I've filtered the water (that is not normal water) that had a lot of trash again in it. I'm thinking there are the hoses that are loosing all that trash, perhaps I would have to change them...

Anyway now it's working, thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
The cap broke on the bottle on my father-in-law's (now my sons). He ignored it and all the dirt fell in there until both clogged. I removed, cleaned ran about gallon of water and some dish soap through system while nozzles were off. Got a bunch of junk out. Did it a second time and it was clear. Replaced the cap for $8 from dealer and all is well.

Dawn dish washing detergent works well. Put some in bottle run through all hoses, let sit for an hour, flush some more etc. drain all dish washing out by running through system flush some with water same way. Refill with correct fluid

1 - 7 of 7 Posts