Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This morning as I was driving into work I tried spraying my windsheild using the washer nozzles and it didn't squirt on the window. Instead it just ran down the hood of the car.

Any idea on how to fix this or what might be the cause? Maybe its clogged???

Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
Before you get carried away...

try adding some washer fluid. Maybe it got real low and the pump was sucking off the bottom of the barrel so to speak. Fill it and try it again. If it still don't work, try removing the hose from the nozzle and see if you get a good stream from the hose. If so the nozzle is clogged. If not the pump may be bad or a hose may be kinked. Of course, you need to check the fuse also. Can you hear the pump running?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just refilled the fluid on Sunday and hadn't used it until this morning. I can't hear any kind of pumping noise because due to traffic and other noise. I guess I check the line and the fuse. Do you know where the motor is located?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still haven't had a chance to check the hoses or the nozzle, but I will tomorrow evening.

Funny thing, I'm driving in to work this morning and I see this corolla with water squirting over the top of the car and hitting the car behind it. I'm like what the heck?!? I died laughing. The poor lady was trying to wash her windshield, but instead of washing the windshield she was washing the top of her car and the front grilll of another car.

It was prettty funny! I'm glad I don't have that problem! :D

·
Registered
559 Posts
Actually it is so much fun to squirt people with your window washer nozzle, In NY there seems to be a lot of people who tailgate in one big line so I make it my goal to spray them, then they spray window washer fluid to clean off their windshield and so on and so on you can have 20 people behind you on a highway with their wipers going on a nice day. You probably are out, Honda's don't have a low washer fluid minder so all you hear is a high whirring sound and little or no pressure in gen 2's there is a plastic bit along the drivers side door arch in the front which is a window to the WWF tank it can tell you if you need some more.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,895 Posts
If the fluid is dribbling down the hood, maybe the nozzle is just clogged? I had that happen...used a spritz of WD-40 to dissolve it.

Oh and I washed the WD-40 off the paintwork QUICK in case it discolored it!
:eek:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If the fluid is dribbling down the hood, maybe the nozzle is just clogged? I had that happen...used a spritz of WD-40 to dissolve it.

Oh and I washed the WD-40 off the paintwork QUICK in case it discolored it!
:eek:[/QUOT

Yeah, it's dribbling down. My tank is full, so I know that's not the prob. I'll check it out tonight

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, I fixed my problem. The nozzles were clogged. I removed the nozzles and used a little wire to clean them out. Good as new. Didn't take very long. Quick fix and I'm glad that I don't have to buy new nozzles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts