Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
My Honda is a 2000 model, and if it matters I live in Thailand, so it's an Asian model. Also, the climate here is very humid.

My problem started to happen a few days ago, when a friend of mine turned on the AC to maximum fan speed and lowest temperature. I didn't notice then because we only drove a few km. After that, when I entered the the there was a huge pond of water on my mat in front, next to the driver's seat. Luckily that was a curved silicone mat and not much was spilled. Anyway, I checked the AC and switched everything back to normal: Auto (fan speed), Auto (mode), approximately 26-27 degrees and recycling the air, these settings used to be ok before.
However, it feels like my buddy trigger this issue, because since then there always water dripping from the AC case (please see the pics).
P_20161008_125754_p.jpg
P_20161008_125825_p.jpg
P_20161008_125837_1_p.jpg

Do you think there's anything I can do myself to fix this issue? I thought about the humidity outside, because it is rainy season now, but I recycle the air, the windows are closed etc. There shouldn't be any humid air from outside to cause that extra condensation.
Any ideas?
Thank you.

·
Banned
806 Posts
Your drain is plugged. With where you live being humid there is that much more water being pulled out of the air. Air conditioning also removes the humidity out of the air which is what it is suppose to do. In looking at your picture that hose going thru the floor is probably your drain. Disconnect that and see if it is plugged. Neighbor across the street had a similar issue on another car, but his drain tube got kinked some how.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, that was the problem. I haven't got the chance to do a proper cleaning (with air pressure, as seen on YTube) but squeezing that tube (it's rubber) and shaking it a little released the water held inside. Now it seems to work, although by the condensation on that case, I think it still needs a proper cleaning.
Regards.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,625 Posts
Yeah, dust and dirt can clog the A/C condensate drain.

So can pet hair...

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Thanks man, that was the problem. I haven't got the chance to do a proper cleaning (with air pressure, as seen on YTube) but squeezing that tube (it's rubber) and shaking it a little released the water held inside. Now it seems to work, although by the condensation on that case, I think it still needs a proper cleaning.
Regards.
I've opened up several like you did and they seem to stay open without any more cleaning.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts