Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 AWD 5-speed. I am having issues with water leaking on my driver side floorboard/footwell. No sunroof/moonroof, new windshield about 3 years ago but no water is present on dashboard. We also resealed it at the bottom to make sure. Doesn't occur on passenger side or anywhere else in car and only occurs when there is a hard rain. And while I'm in the car and it's raining hard, I can not see any visible leaks. I've read reviews that it could be from the door pillar but nothing is wet on the actual door. Has anyone had any issues with water leaking inside car? If so what recommendations would you have?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have an 03 AWD 5-speed. I am having issues with water leaking on my driver side floorboard/footwell. No sunroof/moonroof, new windshield about 3 years ago but no water is present on dashboard. We also resealed it at the bottom to make sure. Doesn't occur on passenger side or anywhere else in car and only occurs when there is a hard rain. And while I'm in the car and it's raining hard, I can not see any visible leaks. I've read reviews that it could be from the door pillar but nothing is wet on the actual door. Has anyone had any issues with water leaking inside car? If so what recommendations would you have?
I have a leak inside mine. But mine comes through the seal between the windscreen and the roof.
Pull down your sun visor and look for leaks or water stains next to the hook. Thats where mine comes in from.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
You can use a garden hose to simulate Rain. Check out the front cowl area. Water could be seeping through there. While someone use the water hose you can look at the firewall inside the driver area where the pedals are you'll need to peel out some of the carpet. This is the most probable area where water is coming from. Another place is around the windshield it's adhesive has degraded. Another place to consider is the plastic liner where they attached the roof rack but if water is leaking from here most of the time water will not be only found in the driver area. I hope this helps. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
895 Posts
I’ve seen windshields leak at the top and run down the inside of the glass and into the dash. May also check the body sealer under the cowl and make sure the drains are clear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts