Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRST get a container that will hold all the clips and the nuts for the wipers A fix for this (I found on you-tube). 1 take off hood 4-10mm prop hood open with the factory rod. Take 1 bolt off the drivers side first. On the 2nd one, hold the hood So that when you pull the bolt out you can gently set that corner down by the base of the window, then do the passenger side the same way ( my prop rod held the hold time I
did it by myself. Put the prop rod back & lift off the hood and set down flat so the wind doesn’t blow if over.
2. take off the wiper arms off (14mm) Pull the wipers up to be able to take off easier. (Just like when there’s gonna be freezing rain and you don’t want yours wipers to freeze to the window.)
3. If you look towards the top of the plastic cowl, you will see 10? Round circles with a very little hole on the circle on either side. I used a pocketknife to lift one a little bit then the other side ( Elmer Fudds voice: BE BERRY CAREFUL) be gentle! Carefully go from one side to the next applying upward pressure until it comes out. I posted a picture of these, these are actually 2 parts. So you are able to separate the 2 parts for ease of reinstallation, some went in fine, most I had to separate.
4. moving a down the cowl you will see about 10 clips, kinda rectangular in shape. I used a screwdriver to lift them up a little bit, then a pair of pliers to twist them back and forth while applying pressure (remember what Elmer said.)
5.Once all those are off, lift the cowl cover up to clear the wiper bolts and set it a side . At this time ( I didn’t, I wish I had) I would turn the cowl over and take a video of the gasket on the back side and then after you watch your video to make sure you have all of it, then I took the old gasket off & make your own with whatever gasket sealer you use. I used 2 tubes of it (wear gloves) I let it set for 20 mins before I put the cowl back on.
6.i used a printing press plate folded in half, then curved it into a 1/2 and placed it over the hole. I did not cover cover the hole, I placed so that it was over the hole as to allow airflow in, NOT WATER! You can use a small metal sign usually found at your local hardware store ( mine was a snug fit, so I did feel the need to attach it with a couple screws like the guy did in his video.
8.Now would be a perfect time to make your gasket on the cowl.
put your cowl back on put your clips back in ( most when in easy, some didn’t, you might have to an extension& tap the bottom ones in( they go in left to right) on the top ones it’s easy enough to get them separated with a pair of pliers.
clips in first, then wiper arms, make sure to put them on correctly. Passenger side is longer then drivers side, don’t forget the rubber molding, mine hung over on both sides, so keep that in mind when putting it back on.
only thing left is the hood, carry it over and use the prop rod to hold it up, snug up the bolts, make sure you have an evenamount of space on both sides of the hood, then tighten all the way. Taking it apart for the first time will take longer, but putting it back together will be shorter. GOOD LUCK!!!!
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas Wood Auto part
Hood Automotive tire Light Motor vehicle Black
Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive exterior
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Trunk Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Black Automotive design Automotive exhaust Hood
Gas Metal Fashion accessory Art Auto part
Gas Metal Font Artifact Musical instrument

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,968 Posts
Threads Merged.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I pressure washed the entire cowling and scrubbed with a brush to get it all clean. Sealed the seams where it looked like sealant failed, and seemed to have it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts