Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My CR-V is not used a lot, but recently I've found that the roof trim in front o, and to the side of the tailgate is damp. Water is also seen on the plastic trims on either side below the quarter lights. Are there any drains in this area that may be blocked, or does anyone have any other thoughts. thanks

·
Registered
895 Posts
Don't know about that model. My 1st Gen had some grommets in the roof, underneath the rear glass trim where some of the wiring passes through. Not sure if the newer models are designed that way since the glass is mounted to the door instead of the body. The door seal hasn't been damaged has it?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but the setup is quite different on the later models. The door seal is intact and seems to touch where it should!

·
Everything in Moderation
7,630 Posts
You might want to check under the black trim strip that separates the roof panel from the side stampings.

On other cars (such as our Chrysler minivan and Fit) other owners have needed to seal cracks in the glazing. Look by the rear hatch opening, if the body sealer is cracked there you may want to seal the whole seam.

We used a clear, flowable sealer made for windshields on our minivan.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. A thread on another forum led me to look at the antenna base. On my car, there was a lot of movement and a gap could be seen between it and the roof. When I looked at the underside of the roo in that area, there was a lot of moisture, so it looks possible that the problem is there. I've removed the antenna base, cleaned and dried everything and reinstalled it with a load of silicon sealer. Will spray with water once once set to see if solved.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Having sprayed the roof area for 30 mins, it then rained for hours, there is no sign of moisture on the underside of the roof. Looks like it's sorted!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts