Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 crv, I noticed that after going through the car wash there is usually 2 doors with water visible when door is opened. I have not seen any indications water is getting inside the cabin, water pools up on outside of rubber door rubber seal at sill. Is this vehicle designed this way? Either the water is running down the glass into the door or leaking around gasket somewhere. I have not had first oil change yet, but was wondering if this is a problem for dealer to fix or designed this way???

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,388 Posts
Well what I knoticed at the dealer was wow they cut down on metal where did the doors go?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Maybe a picture would give a better idea where the issue is but I haven't noticed the problem.

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
as long as the seals are there you are good.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
You should see the buildup of snow and slush that builds up behind the front doors
Winter is not friendly to those doors...... a great way for rust to form :=(

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Yes it's designed to be that way. So long as water is not getting past the rubber it is fine.
Every time I wash my CRV I open the doors and wipe down the inside section that is after the rubber seal.
It's no different than any other car, it's just that the metal area is larger than most vehicles I have driven, so it is much more noticeable.

Rob

·
Registered
90 Posts
It is a totally different design from most other cars as there is no part of the rocker panel that extends below the doors. I am sure that this is a easier and cheaper production setup as there is nothing below the lower edge of the doors to align to. I agree that this is especially bad in the winter when snow and salt is kicked up from the wheels and packs the downward facing seam. I too wipe this area down every time I wash the vehicle. This design and the recycled shredded plastic wheel liners that stay wet for days are two of pet peeves on this vehicle.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
It is a totally different design from most other cars as there is no part of the rocker panel that extends below the doors. I am sure that this is a easier and cheaper production setup as there is nothing below the lower edge of the doors to align to. I agree that this is especially bad in the winter when snow and salt is kicked up from the wheels and packs the downward facing seam. I too wipe this area down every time I wash the vehicle. This design and the recycled shredded plastic wheel liners that stay wet for days are two of pet peeves on this vehicle.
Add the Running boards and you never have that problem.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
It is how cars are made today. carbon fiber added today less m etal.

not at the car. remember the drain holes look for them some are big some are very small check to see if any got filled with spring tree junk due to rain.

Doubt running boards will stop wetness.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
The forum is not showing uploaded images right now. I have no idea if this is permanent or if it's just teething pains during the forum software upgrade. The only way to upload a picture right now is to use a hosting site for the pics.

Rob

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
I just went and did a video watch it. do not then live with your issue. (sorry only way I know how to say it in the nicest way no pun)

Honda gave as a standard feature we all paid in the price called Cladding, they designed it with a weather strip. The actual door has its own seal, if water is anywhere inside what we call the cabin, go directly to your dealer now. Get that fixed. the cladding area is to get wet, all cars are designed that way. Argue this to Earths end. We are talking about Cladding so lets get it straight.

AKA Raodster

water going to enter all over it's going to travel and it's going to show at the bottom that I agree. why I pointed out the drain holes.. check to see if drain holes are always clean every week, and after rain storms. And you can always spray a lil selicon lube in the areas. hope this info helped out time for some cyber beers.

·
Registered
866 Posts
water going to enter all over it's going to travel and it's going to show at the bottom that I agree. why I pointed out the drain holes.. check to see if drain holes are always clean every week, and after rain storms. And you can always spray a lil selicon lube in the areas. hope this info helped out time for some cyber beers.
Never heard about spraying lube in the drain holes? Is this your suggestion?

Agree with checking them, especially after tree procreation season.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
458 Posts
The video from Fishycomics illustrates why I have little concern, it's all plastic down there.

I use silicone spray lubricant on the soft rubber door seals. (He doesn't specifically say in the drain holes)

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
In my vid I did not say spray???? I said:

Hi Ladies and Gentlemen this is a car door. Right here where my hand is at, is not part of your door. Oh we can argue this to the Earth's End? Your Door ends right here. This is an add on. it's a lower flash or molding ( A cladding)? There is a drain hole, three locations where my fingers at, here and one all the way over here. There is a rubber seal right here that closes your door? If any where from here to here, your door is wet inside, you got an Issue? A lot of people is complaining everything in this area is damp and wet? Nothing wrong with it? That is fine water is goinna get in here? The way it's Made? This is a Molding once again. Here and Here? Your door ends here. Not here.

Thank you very much for viewing.

Correct. you can use spray, in the area. what I would do and also wipe or spray my seals not wd-40 or use simple green or any alcohol sprays....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Door, cladding, body side trim panel, whatever you want to call it. It is still a downward facing body panel gap that is directly in line with the front tires. It gets loaded with sh*t from the tires in winter and mud in the spring. I suspect it makes aligning the doors quite easy as you only have the gap at the top and sides to worry about. (I have done body work for over 40 years and have not seen this before) As Robbyg stated I think running boards are probably a viable solution to keep out debris.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I can see it both ways. It's probably just a matter of getting use to it and wiping it down on occasion. I dislike it when my pants get soiled by accumulating dirt on the door jam so I make sure to clean it off. I also periodically clean off the inside door trim panel too even though it doesn't contribute to my pants getting soiled.

However, Honda chose to put foam at the bottom of the trim so why didn't they put one at the front edge of the door trim? It would reduce dirt collectiing on the door jam. It would be a lot cheaper glueing soft foam at the front edge of the door jam than adding larger mudflaps or a running board.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.