Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two things I absolutely love. My 2012 Honda CR-V EX-L and Waze. Unfortunately, these two don't always play well together.

Most of the time, when I'm using Waze with Honda's Bluetooth connectivity, my iPhone 6 will begin automatically playing music from my iTunes library even though I haven't asked it to do so. Music also tends to play right after I hang up a phone call. At first, I thought this was a Waze or Apple bug, but I don't have any of these problems with my son's 2019 Mazda 3. However, that car uses Apple Car Play, so maybe that's why.

Quite frankly it's driving me mad. Waze is an awesome app, but not if I have to continually pause a song that starts randomly when I use it. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how can I get it to stop?

Thanks!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I don't know which head unit you have or if it has the option but I suggest you look up and disable autoplay.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the standard non-navigation factory head unit. I checked my owners manual for an autoplay option, but there was no mention of it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
The auto play is a function of the iPhone and Car Play, not your factory head unit or Waze. Go in to settings on the iPhone and disable the auto play for apple music. I have the same issue with my iPhone 8. I seldom use Apple music, Amazon or iHeart for music. I've had this issue in iOS 12 and now with the iOS 13 Beta.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your response. Unfortunately, I cannot find that setting on my iPhone 6 with iOS 12.3.1. Can you be a little more specific as to where the autoplay setting is?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts