Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

We just bought a 2018 CR-V. Are we doomed?

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  20CRVEX13 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

Yesterday we bought a 2018 CR-V EX FWD at a really good price. Dealers have been discounting these cars, and we wanted a car now. However, right before pulling the trigger, I did some research and came across the engine oil dilution problem plaguing 1.5T's this year. They say that the 2019's have this issue fixed, but it would cost more. We thought the probability of it happening to us was not too big and didn't want to wait. What should I do now? Are we in trouble? Our engine number is L15BE, if that helps.

Thank you!

#2 ·
Might be...

#3 ·
And you posted this in the diesel CR-V forum because????

#7 ·
Did you buy from Honda dealer? At least you didn't pay full pop. Did they tell you the engine warranty is unlimited miles for 6 years now? Honda extended it because gasoline eats engines. Just drive it til they have a real fix or recall it. It will go normally but defrosting the windshield was a big issue for us. Ice rain will not thaw at idle, only after you start driving. But you cant drive with ice on windshield so you have to scrape like mad. That is what made me trade it in, anger about seeing my wife injure herself scraping hard. If you got the 2WD, then you have bone hard steering wheel, no variable pulse wipers. watch out for key fob opening windows if you hold button too long ! It's a eye catching car, can go fast if you hammer the accel pedal to floor. I wont say what brand I bought to replace CRV, but for same price, I have AWD, 7 passenger, heated steer wheel. Best of all, remote start with cell phone from any distance. Once you have this feature, it's hard to do without. Honda was missing too many neat features that are standard on other makes. Honda relations treated you like crap, sugar coated any issues and raised their voice to ram home the idea that Honda is still so great, "it's just you that has issues" You got a deal on it, so just enjoy it. I'm out 7 thousand by trading, but you may get full value if you sell later on if Honda takes responsibility. Volkswagon bought back many cars at full pop, then sold tons more.

#8 · (Edited)
I wouldn't worry yet. Keep an eye on it. I was freaked out by this, but then I found some people who have over 100K on these engines and they are still going strong. If you notice an excess of fuel in the engine keep bugging your local dealer while it is under warranty. If not just enjoy it. I have a 2019 one and I was worried when I smelled gas on the dipstick and saw the level rise a bit, but what's the point. We have an awesome car, enjoy it, if something happens, it is under warranty.

Read this page, same engine https://www.civicx.com/threads/who-has-the-highest-odometer-reading-on-1-5t-civic.11617/page-7

EDIT: I should also say that there are millions of these cars in service and I haven't read of many failures yet(if any). Honda has a great rep and swears they have engineered it properly and are not worried about it. So I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt and a chance. If they don't and our engines blow then we have a good case to get mad... cuz there will be millions of us angry, they'd have to listen. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.