Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 99 CRV. I have really work air flow from the vents. The temperature is fine. It's either hot or cold depending upon the setting. I changed the cabin air filter and vacuumed out the area and its still coming out weak. My next guess is to get a vacuum in the intake to see if there's any debris. I really don't think its the blower motor since it sounds fine it could it be? I really don't want to spend $50 if I don't have to.

Any insights are appreciated

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I was going to tell you to change the cabin filter. Any chance a bunch of dirt made it past the filter and to the evaporator coils right inside there? Also, next time you take the filter out you can turn the blower on and see how much airflow goes through the filter slot. I do that anyway to blow the last of the dirt out when I am changing the filter.

Mine doesn't have a huge amount of air blowing through it.

One other thing is the air intake can start to leak water as they get old and that water leaks right through the blower motor and down to the passenger floorboard. So if yours has been leaking the inside of your motor could be all rusted up and shorting out. My girlfriend's Saab actually got so bad the motor locked up and I had to take everything apart and oil the bearings in the motor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts