Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 EX-L fwd
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just traded in a 2008 CRV with 203K miles. Did an upgrade on its headlights with LazFit LED bulbs. Worked real well.

New 2018 [34 miles when purchased] has halogen lights, which needless to say, are not as bright as the 2008 LED headlights were.

Any recommendations out there for LED replacement bulbs for new 2018 that won't void warranty?

·
Premium Member
2018 EX-L fwd
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Just a heads up, be prepared to get pulled over when you blind an officer. 6500K is actually illegal on all US roads. I had to take mine out 3 days after installing because of the slight blue tint.

People want these because they think it helps them see better, actually it doesn't and only blinds the hell out of people in front of you. Not sure how they haven't banned them unless clearly labelled "off road use only". If you want LED bulbs you have to get them in proper color temperature/tint that's legal for US roads. But stupid Chinese brands still don't get it and make them in proper tints/color temps to match OEM.

Final note, ya with blueish light a reflective sign is bright at range, but wait till heavy rain or snow after dark. You'll understand real fast why 6500k is bad and technically illegal. I knew this when I bought mine (led light geek for cycling and other outdoorsy stuff we do) but wanted to try them. I'll be custom ordering proper light temp/tint after we settle in from out move next month. I LOVE LEDs but not the headaches/getting pulled over for wrong type.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I stick to between that and 5000K. Depends on CRI and tint. That's why I'm either going to custom order or do what I did with my fog light bulbs, change the LEDs, just depends on what offers best beam pattern and if I can get the LEDs needed in the color temp/tint/CRI want.

·
Registered
66 Posts
A co-worker refered me to Hella bulbs sold through RockAuto.com. His are extremely bright.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
A co-worker refered me to Hella bulbs sold through RockAuto.com. His are extremely bright.
I gather your referring to standard halogen bulbs they sell? Have to be careful going that route. Often times they draw more than the wiring can handle especially during hot weather, causing it to melt and fail. They have a few different wattage options, don't just go to the biggest. Also stay away from the ZXE headlight bulbs, bright as hell but don't last for crap for the price.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I gather your referring to standard halogen bulbs they sell? Have to be careful going that route. Often times they draw more than the wiring can handle especially during hot weather, causing it to melt and fail. They have a few different wattage options, don't just go to the biggest. Also stay away from the ZXE headlight bulbs, bright as hell but don't last for crap for the price.

Yeah, went ZXE before, biggest waste of money out there. Were you sitting here when we were talking about Hellas? We actually had a 20 minute discussion on ZXEs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The LED bulbs I've installed in my low beam sockets have a rather sharp cutoff that doesn't rise any more than the oncoming driver's front hood line. The bulbs are quite bright. I've never been pulled over or had anyone flick their lights at me. I haven't installed any bulbs in the high beam sockets because nearly all my driving is inside city limits and they are bright enough for me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Just a heads up, be prepared to get pulled over when you blind an officer. 6500K is actually illegal on all US roads. I had to take mine out 3 days after installing because of the slight blue tint.

People want these because they think it helps them see better, actually it doesn't and only blinds the hell out of people in front of you. Not sure how they haven't banned them unless clearly labelled "off road use only". If you want LED bulbs you have to get them in proper color temperature/tint that's legal for US roads."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts