Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of WeatherTech DigitalFit floor mats for my 2009. The driver side stays put fine thanks to the anchors. BUT the passenger side and the rear slide around too much for my liking. Is this normal for these mats??? The backs are smooth so doesn't seem to want to grip to the carpet. I tried putting some non-slip drawer liner underneath which helped some, but still moves too much for me.

If I can't fix this, I'm considering the Honda all weather mats. I'm assuming those don't move around. Can anyone verify this???

·
Registered
218 Posts
I have weather tech in my 08 CRV and they don't slide around at all. I also have husky floor liners in my Venza and they are tight fit. I like the husky liners better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just got a set of WeatherTech DigitalFit floor mats for my 2009. The driver side stays put fine thanks to the anchors. BUT the passenger side and the rear slide around too much for my liking. Is this normal for these mats??? The backs are smooth so doesn't seem to want to grip to the carpet. I tried putting some non-slip drawer liner underneath which helped some, but still moves too much for me.

If I can't fix this, I'm considering the Honda all weather mats. I'm assuming those don't move around. Can anyone verify this???
Wow that sucks! I just bought an 09' a few weeks ago and if been w sting to order the same mats! Glad you shared your experience because that would be a deal breaker for me also. I had Weathertech floormats in my BMW coupe and didn't have an issue with them sliding around but mainly due to the floor surface area not being so large.

I'd love to know about the Honda all-weather mats as well if anyone has them!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I think the husky mats have small grippy things onthe bottom so they stay in place better.....MAxliner makes a similar product and they stayed in place very well on our Tucson.....heard a lot of good reviews on the Husky product though....

·
Registered
868 Posts
Are you talking about Weathertiech floor mats or liners? I have the liners. No sliding in my 2011. None. There's no room to slide.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you talking about Weathertiech floor mats or liners? I have the liners. No sliding in my 2011. None. There's no room to slide.
I've got the liners, the digitalfit ones. I'm not sure what's wrong. Maybe my factory carpet is too smooth :confused:

Anyway, I stopped by the dealership this morning and they had the OEM all weather mats in stock so I got those instead. They don't slide around and stay put, so that's good. The weathertech are definitely deeper though, so the OEM ones won't hold as much dirt or liquid. But it's not as much of an issue for me since we don't get snow here.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I've got the liners, the digitalfit ones. I'm not sure what's wrong. Maybe my factory carpet is too smooth :confused:

Anyway, I stopped by the dealership this morning and they had the OEM all weather mats in stock so I got those instead. They don't slide around and stay put, so that's good. The weathertech are definitely deeper though, so the OEM ones won't hold as much dirt or liquid. But it's not as much of an issue for me since we don't get snow here.
I have the OEM all weather mats in my V and the only one that doesn't slide around is the drivers since its hooked in.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
868 Posts
Bullit,

I don't understand why yours slide. I would think that your 2009 and my 2011 are identical. Mine fits tight (side to side). Yours must be narrower. Did you buy them direct from Weathertech or an Ebay reseller? Some of the discounted ones listed on Ebay are factory rejects.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bullit,

I don't understand why yours slide. I would think that your 2009 and my 2011 are identical. Mine fits tight (side to side). Yours must be narrower. Did you buy them direct from Weathertech or an Ebay reseller? Some of the discounted ones listed on Ebay are factory rejects.
They were purchased direct from WeatherTech. And the the side to side fit was fine. The mats slid forward/back. And I'm not talking about an inch. Whenever the passenger tried to get out, the mat would slide forward up into the footwell, so maybe like 4-5 inches of movement. Similar problem with the rear passenger mat.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Did you report your problem to Weathertech?

Your rear mat moving is even stranger. Is it not a one piece? Mine can't possibly move. It sits against seat brackets and back of center console.

I know that your passenger mat slides front/back. In my case the tight sideways fit keeps it in place.

Sorry about all your problems. Would not make me happy as well

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have the same issue on my 2014 EXL-N, passenger side slides forward at least three inches. Bought directly from Weathertech also.

·
Registered
252 Posts
FWIW, I just installed the 3D Maxpider floor mats and cargo mat in our new Pilot (sure this applies to CRV as well)... I was a bit anxious during ordering because Weathertech and Husky are the bigger names, but the rubber cargo mat we had kept sliding around and getting in the way of the rear hatch latch and I was sick of moving it forward every time we used the vehicle. Anyway, I'm happy to say that the 3D Maxpider material grabs into the carpeting like Velcro - VERY solid install and they absolutely will not slide. I also am more partial to the 'modern refined' look of the Maxpider mats compared to the 'utilitarian' look of the Weathertech and Husky products, but that is personal preference. In any case, the 3D Maxpider mats fit _perfectly_ and I was so impressed by the cargo mat that I ordered floor mats as well. The Maxpider is more of a rubbery foam type material than the 'hard plastic vinyl' Weathertech material (and doesn't have that sharp tap-tap-tap sound harder plastic tends to make when you move your feet around), again personal preference and both will protect and clean up well. The Weathertech may have an edge if you are in an abusive environment with sharp objects of some nature, but the Maxpider handles snow, slush, salt and sand just fine. They weigh less than I anticipated (and much less than the rubber mat I had been using) but seem to be very durable and well made so the light weight is actually a benefit for ease of removal/installation when cleaning. You probably won't go wrong with any of these products, but I'm really happy with the Maxpider line and it looks really nice. Based on my experience with the Pilot mats I'm ordering a set for my '09 CRV... let you know how they go when they arrive next week.

·
Registered
72 Posts

I used to have the same issues with my Weather Techs!
Now that I am using the Husky Weather Beater Liners, no movement and fits like a glove!

Here are some pictures of driver side, passenger side and back seat.

View attachment 62346

View attachment 62354

View attachment 62362

I took out the Original OEM Floor Mats.

Enjoy!

Peter

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also have the Husky Liners through out my 2015. Have been in numerous vehicles with Weather Tech and they do tend to move. I got the grey Husky liners and they are a good color match to the interior.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Also have the Husky Liners through out my 2015. Have been in numerous vehicles with Weather Tech and they do tend to move. I got the grey Husky liners and they are a good color match to the interior.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts