Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, folks, it's been a minute, I've been on the go big time. Including this past weekend, when I went to Memphis to participate in judging the World Championship BBQ Competition. While there, I had a very unfortunate incident with a truck and a fire hydrant. Well, the truck was only involved in bum rushing into the very narrow public parking lot entrance/exit as I was trying to go out and that's where I caught the fire hydrant that caused my damage. I'm attaching a picture.

Although it looks like I will have to replace the door, I guess, I am keeping hope alive and have contacted Colors On Parade to see if there is any part of this that they can possibly take care of. I've worked with them in the past and have been 110% pleased and amazed at what they were able to accomplish. I do have the trim piece that was ripped off but the plastic on the end is a little dented in so I'm sure I'll be told that I have to buy a brand new one of those as well. I would love to hear any input you guys might have. This incident just broke my heart. To top it off, my bank card was compromised over the weekend as well, but we were able to stop that damage after about $500 in charges were racked up. Getting ready to go take care of that now. What a weekend, I'm completely traumatized!

doordamage.jpg

·
Registered
128 Posts
as long as you weren't hurt, this will work itself out. Insurance companies should complete the repair. Hopefully the truck driver was ticketed. We have a Molten Lava too. I haven't seen any paint sticks with our color, yet.
Maybe the repair folks can yank the metal out even then sand, prime, paint and put new piece on. Then it will be good as new.
I hate the sound of metal being crushed. hang in there

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to everyone. I just came from the Colors on Parade guy and he told me that the job would be too much for them, as I'd suspected. I went ahead and called my insurance company and the rep was just wonderful. Anyway, they set up my repair and then all should be well. I do feel a lot more relieved.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Between the car damage and the credit card compromise, you really had a bad weekend. Is the insurance company recommending the dealer's body shop or a private one?

As someone from Memphis - hate that you had a bad experience here. Hope you got some good BBQ!
Memphis? World Championship? I know there was great BBQ.

Crimson Blond: I can't resist saying it could be much worse. Saw on the news that a couple left BBQ fest and were stopped by police about 14 miles later on the Interstate....there was a drunk passed out -- riding on their trunk lid. That must be some crazy festival. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE, 31 May 17: I took my poor baby in this morning for her date with the body shop. They told me that they will replace the two right side doors. Made me sad. If I had wanted my insurance company to replace the rear right wheel (which took a couple of scrapes) as well, they would have made me pay my $500 deductible. I passed since I can live with that (for now), and because I'm having to pay for my own rental. It's almost like they're replacing half my new car. So now I'm riding around in a decent 2016 Nissan Altima rental with some upgraded features, but it still pales in comparison to my CR-V, IMO. I just want my ride back. :(

·
Registered
628 Posts
As I told the other poster here that was rear ended recently, the color of the Molten Lava Pearl changes so much from sunny to cloudy days that is very easy to match. Mine was rear ended by a hit and run driver and had to fix the liftgate. I honestly can't tell where he painted and I know what to look for. Still, I understand your pain and frustration. Good luck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
An update, in case anyone was actually following this saga:

In what's become a very convoluted story, I got my car back a couple of weeks ago. While it looks good (except for some sloppy painting inside the door jamb and half ass stripping placement on one particular area of that door), they ended up doing somewhat of a rush job and I also discovered that the lock mechanism on the right front passenger door is now jacked up, and the handsfree tailgate access no longer works. The body shop admitted that they took the liberty to also repaint the UNDAMAGED tailgate and rear side panels when they repainted the new passenger side doors (in an effort to give a more "seamless look". Makes this shop sound even more incompetent, to me.) There is a lifetime warranty on the body work I plan on taking my vehicle back this Friday for them to right their wrongs and I'm sure I'll be back in a rental yet again for a few days. I can't wait to complete my review on this shop, but I'm just waiting on them to make me whole again first.

·
Registered
200 Posts
See how the plastic is attached to the door I am quite alarmed. My rear doors pool water and all that's going through my head is rust rust rust.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was able to have the body shop correct the seals, thank goodness.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have finally wrapped up everything with the body shop and am now getting ready to post my online review (elsewhere). I'll never use that shop again, that's for sure. One of the items that I wasn't satisfied with was the way the inside of the door jamb looked on the right front passenger door, like a sloppy paint job. The body shop informed me that HONDA sent them the bare bones doors looking this way, before the shop ever painted anything! I'm appalled at Honda, if that's the truly the case! sloppydoor.jpg

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Compared to mine yours look like very bad body work !! This is what it should look like.
I agree! My driver's side doors look great, like yours!

But keep in mind, this is supposedly the way the body shop received them from Honda.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks perfectly normal, just like in most cars.
S2k_Dude I have to disagree! All of my other doors look nice and smooth, like TMcNeal's. And I realize it's on the *inside* of the door, but still!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts