Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a similar issue or explanation for what's happening.

So anytime I start my car and put it into drive, I hear a clunk noise at about 8-10 mph before the car shifts. It sounds as if its like the a/c clutch engaging, but the a/c isn't on at all. This only happen once and only happens during the initial drive to 10mph then it doesn't happen at all after that. Turning the car off and waiting 5-10 minutes and repeating the process yields the same..... and it only happen once, after the initial clunk, the noise is gone....

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Everything in Moderation
7,615 Posts
It's normal.

its the momentary actuation of the ABS pump.

Many Topics about it....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mazdas do it, so thought it might be an Asian thing. :)
LOLOLOLOLOOOOLOLOL!!!

It's normal.

its the momentary actuation of the ABS pump.

Many Topics about it....
really? that loud? My Si doesn't do that though..... It's almost as if you can also feel it in the gas pedal. To better describe it sounded like a belt that was loose, tightening and catching on to a pulley type noise..... :/

·
Everything in Moderation
7,615 Posts
Yes, it's that loud and quite noticeable. I can feel it in my gas pedal as well (just the general vibration).

If you feel you need to do something about it, flush the brake fluid. BF should be replaced every three years, anyway (according to Honda). If you don't have records, flush the BF twice within a couple weeks. Make sure the ABS is engaged a couple times before the second flush (invoke ABS by stopping with the right-side wheels on a gravel shoulder).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, it's that loud and quite noticeable. I can feel it in my gas pedal as well (just the general vibration).

If you feel you need to do something about it, flush the brake fluid. BF should be replaced every three years, anyway (according to Honda). If you don't have records, flush the BF twice within a couple weeks. Make sure the ABS is engaged a couple times before the second flush (invoke ABS by stopping with the right-side wheels on a gravel shoulder).
Sweet deal. I'll give that a shot. Thanks for thhe input!

·
Everything in Moderation
7,615 Posts
Just remember, those actions will not make the ABS test go away. If you are aware of it you will always feel the pulse or clunk of the pump being energized.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just remember, those actions will not make the ABS test go away. If you are aware of it you will always feel the pulse or clunk of the pump being energized.
Yeah, I figured. Just not used to feeling it do it's test thingy before. If you say it's normal, and by which account, pretty much what you said sums up my experience. I'll try to adapt to it lololololol

·
Registered
135 Posts
The only weird clunk noise i hear when starting out at about the same speed are the doorclock actuators auto-locking.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
We get the same thing, usually happens just as I get to the end of the block (three doors down) and make the turn around the corner. Almost sounds as if the suspension system is readjusting itself from being parked on our slanted driveway. Don't really notice it except on the first cold startup/drive of the day. Other starts it's pretty unnoticeable.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only weird clunk noise i hear when starting out at about the same speed are the doorclock actuators auto-locking.
Us 2.5 gens don't have autolock lolol

We get the same thing, usually happens just as I get to the end of the block (three doors down) and make the turn around the corner. Almost sounds as if the suspension system is readjusting itself from being parked on our slanted driveway. Don't really notice it except on the first cold startup/drive of the day. Other starts it's pretty unnoticeable.
Hmm, mine sounds nothing like a suspension readjusting...it sounds like what a ABS module would make when it engages....

PS: I tried getting the ABS to engage in loose gravel...yeah, no. lolol needing winter snow to fully test it....or heavy rain....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts