Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently bought a 2015 CRV LX. After bringing it home, I discovered that the two main key fobs didn't always function correctly when hitting the tailgate/hatch unlock button. One set of keys would actually pop the tailgate lock and partially open it maybe an inch or so on its own, but it only did so inconsistently (about half the time it would pop out, but the lock would catch and it could not be opened further, even manually). The other set of keys simply unlocked the tailgate without popping or moving it. Meanwhile, I never had any issues manually opening it using the button on the handle of the tailgate.

I brought it in to the dealer for service and they said at first that the actuator was faulty, so they replaced it. But that didn't solve the problem. Instead, they told me, I had accidentally been given one set of keys that was supposed to be programmed for a sedan like the Accord, which I guess has a trunk that pops open from the key fob button. You could see that the shape of the car on that set was a sedan whereas the other set of keys had an SUV/truck shape on it. Somehow the key fob was reprogrammed for the CRV but still transmitting a command to "pop" the tailgate out. They said that the CRV LX, though, isn't supposed to do this and the key fob button should simply unlock the tailgate without moving it (even an inch or so).

Can anyone confirm that, in fact, the CRV LX is not supposed to move/pop when using the key fob button? I know that trim doesn't have the power lift, but is the button simply supposed to unlock the tailgate so you can then manually open it? As an aside, if the wrong fob was managing to pop it out sometimes, couldn't the actuator theoretically be tweaked to actually pop out remotely?

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Did you try another LX in the showroom while you were waiting? That's what I'd be doing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did and it didn't pop, but they had to search for the keys for a while so that made me paranoid. They also said at first there was one in the shop that they could test with me but then it wasn't there when I got back. Again, I'm probably just paranoid but want to make sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts